Happy and Healthy New Year!!! | Vital Football

Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Yes, in spades a much healthier and Happier New Year to each and every Blade and their families.

Last year we had a chance of getting into Europe, This year the country's out of Europe and we've more chance of getting to Luton than Lisbon.

BTW -saw a great analogy about PL football for the poorer clubs.

It's like saving up all your life to go on the Orient Express and, when you've finally got enough, you call to mke the booking and the omly place it's going anytime soon is Scunthorpe!!

2020 has certainly been a memorable one, mostly for the wrong reasons which is why we'll be glad to finally see the back of it - as we dream of Spring and the normality that's promised.

What a year for United, going from the best of times at the start of the year to not quite the worst of times, but painful nonetheless.

So a raise of the glass to a change in fortunes with the change in year.

Yes, all the very best to all Blades everywhere throughout the coming New Year, 2021.
Here is to health, happiness, goals (as well as goats) and points.
I seem to remember being told that points meant prizes.
As my new year’s wish I would dearly love to hear of someone down at the Lane do whatever is required to get rid of the f*cking curse that I am certain is hanging over us since YCC left.
I am sure at one time the Lane was the headquarters of YCC, which only adds to my belief that something needs to be done.
The sooner the better and then Derby’s record will remain in tact.
All the best everyone.

Yes, all the very best to all Blades everywhere throughout the coming New Year, 2021.
Here is to health, happiness, goals (as well as goats) and points.
I seem to remember being told that points meant prizes.
As my new year’s wish I would dearly love to hear of someone down at the Lane do whatever is required to get rid of the f*cking curse that I am certain is hanging over us since YCC left.
I am sure at one time the Lane was the headquarters of YCC, which only adds to my belief that something needs to be done.
The sooner the better and then Derby’s record will remain in tact.
All the best everyone.
Yes it was but it moved to headingley about 1897 I think long time before most on here we’re born notice I said most

Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR,2020 has been a awful year my Family and some of my friends who have lost loved ones.My 2nd born son had a test for Covid on Tuesday and thankfully got the all clear yesdi,so for once some gr8 news for us. I will shortly be having a drink or ten because January 1st is mi MUM&DAD's Heavenly Anniversary and it's also GOD's Birthday so plenty to celebrate for me. UTMPB

Yes it was but it moved to headingley about 1897 I think long time before most on here we’re born notice I said most
I seem to recall that it, YCC’s headquarters, was a question in that TV quiz (can’t remember what the show was called - maybe “Team Spirit”, altho’ that was horse I do know) way back when where different football teams were represented by players and a “celebrity”, ours being Dave Berry.
SUFC were asked that question, got it wrong (don’t think we were high scorers even then) and the answer, I am sure, was BDTBL.

Its been a pleasure to be with you on this Board over the year chewing the various fats - not all of them that easy to chew, but great to have the debate nonetheless.

Wishing you and your families health & happiness and a very Happy New Year - with better times ahead in 2021 :yes:

The only way is up :loser:............I'm about to have my first drink (y)

I seem to recall that it, YCC’s headquarters, was a question in that TV quiz (can’t remember what the show was called - maybe “Team Spirit”, altho’ that was horse I do know) way back when where different football teams were represented by players and a “celebrity”, ours being Dave Berry.
SUFC were asked that question, got it wrong (don’t think we were high scorers even then) and the answer, I am sure, was BDTBL.
Talking of quiz questions and YCCC there was an obscure, didn't last long, programme that pitted Yorks v Lancs and one of the questions asked concerned their stay at the hotel Iwas managing in M'cr.

Yorks stayed the night before a 1 day quarter final and the then captain, David Byas, asked me where he could get a haircut. In the same block was an Italian hairdressers who cut the management team's hair in return for a coffee and croissant each morning.

I took David round to them and said he was a VIP to me and they should look after him.He returned and said that they hadn't let him pay, did it go on his bill? I said 'no, it'll be a favour' and thought that was the end of the matter until, on said quiz show the question was " What special upgraade did D Byas get when staying in the hotel in M'cr?".

Funnily enough the Lankys didn't get the answer!

Just dropped off in front of the fire after having a couple of beers after tea, like you do.
Had this dream, was down the lane before the match, stood in my usual behind the goal on the Lane end. Warm up was going on, not the usual team but TC, Badger, Hemsley, Woody. Woody hit it hard and smashed it passed Hodgy, flew into the net with that familiar sound, the one we don't hear so much lately. Gil Reece then went on one off those brilliant dribbles down the left, past Badg and Hemsley, left Colquhoun for dead then nutmegged John Flynn before putting in a pin point cross to Billy Deardens head who aimed for the top corner only to be denied by an outstretched, flying Hodgy who tipped it over the bar. Next moment was chatting to TC as he sat on the ball behind the railings in front of me, he said that we wouldn't go down this season and that Wilder has plans for the new year, keep faith.............Must keep off the booze next year and keep taking the pills, the wood gets denser!

Have a good-un all you Blades old and young, better times ahead, on and off the field in 2021 for sure. Cheers!