Happy and Healthy New Year!!! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Just dropped off in front of the fire after having a couple of beers after tea, like you do.
Had this dream, was down the lane before the match, stood in my usual behind the goal on the Lane end. Warm up was going on, not the usual team but TC, Badger, Hemsley, Woody. Woody hit it hard and smashed it passed Hodgy, flew into the net with that familiar sound, the one we don't hear so much lately. Gil Reece then went on one off those brilliant dribbles down the left, past Badg and Hemsley, left Colquhoun for dead then nutmegged John Flynn before putting in a pin point cross to Billy Deardens head who aimed for the top corner only to be denied by an outstretched, flying Hodgy who tipped it over the bar. Next moment was chatting to TC as he sat on the ball behind the railings in front of me, he said that we wouldn't go down this season and that Wilder has plans for the new year, keep faith.............Must keep off the booze next year and keep taking the pills, the wood gets denser!

Have a good-un all you Blades old and young, better times ahead, on and off the field in 2021 for sure. Cheers!

Fantstic post. One I totally resonate with. HNY. :wahey:

Well I managed to wake up or the mrs managed to wake me up at 5 to just in time to fuck the old one off and see the new one in and now I’m dog sitting as our pooch is sat shaking thanks to all the fireworks not a great start to this yr very apprehensive about this yr on a personal note I hope I’m wrong

Well I managed to wake up or the mrs managed to wake me up at 5 to just in time to fuck the old one off and see the new one in and now I’m dog sitting as our pooch is sat shaking thanks to all the fireworks not a great start to this yr very apprehensive about this yr on a personal note I hope I’m wrong
My mrs always in bed by 10, new year no different so spend the time with my cat, drinking beer and the odd milk and whisky chaser, smart lad he his, should have married one!
Don't see a problem with this year myself, just like any other. It's the human race that's the problem, suppose if it wasn't for us the new year, covid and relegation wouldn't exist. So, pecker up, brisk walk in the morning to shake off the cobwebbs of covid and relegation, pint in the shed at lunchtime and rejoice the present, it's all we've got.

I seem to recall that it, YCC’s headquarters, was a question in that TV quiz (can’t remember what the show was called - maybe “Team Spirit”, altho’ that was horse I do know) way back when where different football teams were represented by players and a “celebrity”, ours being Dave Berry.
SUFC were asked that question, got it wrong (don’t think we were high scorers even then) and the answer, I am sure, was BDTBL.
Ooops! YCCC!
The TV showed was Quiz Ball. It started in the mid-60s.
Obviously David Vine lied about the date of The Lane being YCCC’s headquarters.
I should have realised then, and not waited over 50+ years, to stop trusting the BBC.