Happy Birthday To "The Gaffer" Mr Ron Saunders. | Vital Football

Happy Birthday To "The Gaffer" Mr Ron Saunders.

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
Happy birthday Boss :7:

(I always thought though that coat was something out of the SS) :17:

Attachments

• ron-saunders-football-1674379.jpg
    ron-saunders-football-1674379.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 3E5D7FD200000578-4347212-image-a-38_1490387302941.jpg
    3E5D7FD200000578-4347212-image-a-38_1490387302941.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Ron Saunders.jpg
    Ron Saunders.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 5
What a man best manager I have seen at the Villa by far gave me some of the best times of my life unfortunately a lot of the lads I shared those days with are HEITS now. :30:

gator - 6/11/2017 18:18

What a man best manager I have seen at the Villa by far gave me some of the best times of my life unfortunately a lot of the lads I shared those days with are HEITS now. :30:

Me too gator, I share those sentiments. Winning the league was something I never thought I would see in my lifetime.

wittonite - 6/11/2017 21:12

Me too gator, I share those sentiments. Winning the league was something I never thought I would see in my lifetime.
Absolutely mate at the start of that 80/81 season no Villa fan would have thought we was gonna win league a truly incredible season.

gator - 6/11/2017 21:17

wittonite - 6/11/2017 21:12

Absolutely mate at the start of that 80/81 season no Villa fan would have thought we was gonna win league a truly incredible season.

And I cant say with any honesty that I saw the European Cup and Club Championship coming either. What a fantastic time to be a Villa fan.

Well I was lucky enough to have been around and attended most games in 80/81, 81/82 .
Precious memories that can never be taken away

Yes wonderful times for an 17/18 year old as I was then.

I will never ever forget the period 1974-1982 when Ron was in charge with the promotion season , the league cups and the league and European cup , also I witnessed one of the greatest displays of football in a single game when we beat Liverpool 5-1 with that being the score at half time.

sirdennis - 6/11/2017 21:59

Yes wonderful times for an 17/18 year old as I was then.

I will never ever forget the period 1974-1982 when Ron was in charge with the promotion season , the league cups and the league and European cup , also I witnessed one of the greatest displays of football in a single game when we beat Liverpool 5-1 with that being the score at half time.

I will never forget that game either sirdennis. One of the Villa lads got me a complementary for that game and forgot to leave it at reception. Four goals had been scored by the time the ticket was tracked down and I got in. Teach me to pay like everybody else.

Was lucky to meet him a couple of times when he visited the Villa Lions club in Alcester. He wasn't as dour as he was often perceived. He had a great sense of humour and was good company but you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him that's for sure! So many happy memories of his time at Villa Park, dragging the club from the old second division to first division champs and champions of Europe. What an incredible 8 years that was. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it......so many heroes for me as I grew up....John Burridge, Alex Cropley, Brian Little, Andy Gray, Ray Graydon, Chris Nicholl, Frank Carrodus, Dennis Mortimer, Keith Leonard, Gary Shaw, Peter Withe, Des Bremner, Tony Morley, Jimmy Rimmer......the list is endless, he brought so many memorable players to the club and developed those that were already there when he arrived.....an incredible few years. Happy birthday Sir Ron and thank you for the memories!

Silhillvilla - 6/11/2017 22:03

We did Liverpool 5-1 twice Den in that era . Incredible games .
Also recall smashing Ipswich 6-1
The Ipswich 6-1 couldn't really be counted as it was a week before they played in the cup final with nothing to play for and it was a much changed team to which won the F A Cup the following week.