Happenings And Rumours | Page 2 | Vital Football

Happenings And Rumours

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - trialist Matt Daly (from Huddersfield T.) has now joined Hartlepool U. on loan. Millers turned down the chance to sign him. Also - Millers still trying to sign a striker.

Last edited:
12/08/21

Radio Sheffield - Interview with Warney. Still looking to sign another striker. All our new signings are fit to play on Saturday. No plans to send Kayode out on loan this season.

Last edited:
14/08/21
RUFC Official Twitter - Jacob Gratton and Jake Hull have joined National League North club Guiseley on loan until 2nd January 2022.

Last edited:
Don't think that is allowed now. I think that "Youth loans" can still be done month by month though, but those players are no longer in that category.

16/08/21

Radio Sheffield presenter stated that Paul Warne has said that IF we get another forward in, it will only be on loan, and it will be AFTER somebody else has gone out. No other club is daft enough to sign injured players (rules out Tilt, MacDonald and Mattock), so can only assume that the outgoing player would be Sadlier,or possibly loans for youngsters Cooper and/ or Greaves, now that Gratton and Hull are already out on loan at Guiseley, or possibly a keeper . Can only assume that we are now skint, and can't afford the squad size that we had last time in L1 (although a lot of them were crocked! ).

17/08/21
Ronnie Moore said on Radio Sheffield that we definitely need another striker, as we have not got enough cover up front. I agree!

Last edited:
Not often I agree with Ronnie but I think he's right too. Even if it's a young lad who could come off the bench if we get an injury. Though I'd prefer someone with experience but I doubt we will get any loan player like that.

Yorkshire Post - Cardiff City striker Mark Harris , who the Millers had made enquiries about, is now not going out on loan.

Hadn't spotted that! There is more information on the Matlock Town website. It says that his signing was delayed due to illness restrictions. Could be Covid related - who knows? Surely we must be bringing in another forward now? - we only have three proper strikers on professional contracts left, one who is very inexperienced at this level.

RUFC Official website- All three of our loaned-out youngsters will still be allowed to play in the Millers EFL Trophy matches .

Last edited:
23/08/21

Radio Sheffield regular caller"Brian the Miller" has just reported a rumour that Bristol City have bid for Smithy. I hope that it's not true, because we are unlikely to have any replacement lined up. and the transfer deadline is only about a week away.

I rarely listen to Praise or Grumble or the week night programme these days, it's just the same people on saying the same things. Haven't actually seen Brian the Miller for a while, even before lockdown.

He said that he's missed some games due to testing positive for Covid. He sounded like his usual self on the radio a few days ago , and may be ok to go to see the Millers again by now.

Last edited: