Happenings And Rumours | Vital Football

Happenings And Rumours

30/06/21

Radio Sheffield has just reported a rumour that M'boro' have offered £400 000 for Smith. The Summer Sport show presenter then ruled out the likelyhood of an imminent Owls move for Crooks, because they are still under a transfer embargo! No "incoming" rumours mentioned.

Last edited:
14/07/21

Rumours on other websites that we have been talking to Shane Ferguson, left-back who was recently released by Millwall, about a possible move to the NYS. Warney has also said that even in Budapest, he will be contacting potential signings via "Zoom".

19/07/21

Rumours on other Millers fans websites about departure of Crooks and Smith. No new rumours about anybody coming in. Nothing about the player who was supposed to be having a medical at the NYS last week.

Update 6.30pm - Radio Sheffield listener texted in that the Millers have made enquiries about the defenders Kelland Watts (Newcastle U.) and Shaun Rooney (St. Johnstone).
Could be loans to cover for Tilt and A. MacDonald?

Update -Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Negotiations re permanent move for Shaun Rooney are continuing

Last edited:
20/07/21

Rumours linking Millers with Conor Coventry, young West Ham midfielder and Rep. Ireland U-21 international . He may be that Irish U-21 player that Warney said he had asked Joshua Kayode about.

Last edited:
23/07/21

Rumour that we have put in a bit for Conor McCarthy, St. Mirren defender. He has also previously played for Rep. Ireland U-21 team.

Interview with Richard Wood on Radio Sheffield (6.15pm) - nothing on new signings, nothing that Millers fans didn't know already really

Last edited:
According to another Millers fans website, Warney said that he has not signed Ferguson to play at left back. If true, we still must be looking to sign another left back/left-footed defender? (I hope)

Also rumours that the Millers are interested in Hamilton "utility" player Hakeem Odoffin

Last edited:
I think he said something similar yesterday 'I had to put him at left-back when Joe Mattock couldn't play and didn't want to do that' - though I thought he just didn't want him starting the game but it could be that he doesn't want him as left-back.

25/07/21

Latest rumours... Trialist Bobby Kamwa will not be offered a contract with the Millers... Speculation that we have bid for Coventry City midfielder, Jamie Allen. I assume he must be a defensive midfielder, as he rarely scores, but goalscoring is something we don't seem to consider very much.

Last edited:
06/08/21

Latest rumours (based on Warney's comments , I think) - possibly two players in and one out, before the deadline? I'm assuming that nobody is coming in for any of our injured players -only one club in the League routinely does that kind of thing .:rolleyes:

If the player going out is Sadlier, or one of the youngsters on loan, I won't be too worried, but anybody else would cause us problems, and we would have little time to find a replacement for them.

Last edited:
Think it is 31st August (also seen 2nd September quoted) for EFL clubs. Unattached players can be signed after that( could be more than usual in that position this season?), and I think that there are the usual exceptions for "emergency goalkeepers", etc. Couldn't find anything about it on EFL Official webste. Never can - it's pretty useless!

Last edited: