Hands up who is missing the championship already ???? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Hands up who is missing the championship already ????

Sad really that the overriding theme that comes through in this thread is money not football

Well that's the PL for you and why many, if not most, genuine FOOTBALL fans despise the PL.

My main excitement at getting promoted was because it likely secures the future of the club for the next five years - I couldn't really give a toss about the PL itself.

Each to their own mate. Just not my cup of tea, but seems to please Sean Dyche, so good for him.

I thought he was limited as a player but he always put a shift in as a young player in an utter shitshow of a club/team at the time - one of very many at the time who went onto better things as we inevitably disappeared out of the league.

Well that's the PL for you and why many, if not most, genuine FOOTBALL fans despise the PL.

My main excitement at getting promoted was because it likely secures the future of the club for the next five years - I couldn't really give a toss about the PL itself.

Agreed and the other thing about the Championship is you had a chance every game. Will we get to that position in the PL? With these owners we appear to have as good and possibly better chance than most. We may well get to that point and look at it a lot differently.

I really enjoyed our time in the championship. It was like going on a gap year, that lasted a couple years too long.

Back to reality now, scrapping in the bottom half of prem! At least if we go down (we won't) we know it isn't the end of the world and there is still fun to be had. Kinda got used to winning games!

Why is it I can't remember anything important? But I see that comment and immediately in to my brain comes:

Beer at home means Davenports
That's the beer. Lots of cheer.
The finest malts with hops and yeast
Turns a snack in to a feast
Straight from brewery to your home
Why collect? We'll deliver.
Soon you'll know why folks all say
Beer at home means Davenports.

Early onset dementia I reckon.

Davenports was bought out by Allied Breweries who owned Ansells. They were part of the Greenall Whitley group and both companies were phased out including closing down their breweries. Ansells then became part of Carlsberg - Tetley and the pubs sold off. The Tetley name was dropped and it is now just part of the Carlsberg group. Aston Cross brewery closed in 1981 after Allied Breweries got fed up of the constant industrial action at the site.

Davenports was bought out by Allied Breweries who owned Ansells. They were part of the Greenall Whitley group and both companies were phased out including closing down their breweries. Ansells then became part of Carlsberg - Tetley and the pubs sold off. The Tetley name was dropped and it is now just part of the Carlsberg group. Aston Cross brewery closed in 1981 after Allied Breweries got fed up of the constant industrial action at the site.
I used to go round to see my Nan and Grandad, when I was about 10 or 11 and Nan would pour me a small glass of Davenports stout, sweetened with a drop of orange squash.
This must have been the Witton equivulant of a glass of wine for the kids as happens in France.

Looks like the Championship is warming up nicely. Top 6 teams seem in form and could go far. We'd probably be about 14th if 4 promotions was still in charge.

Adomah scored his first goal for Forest, who drew. Stoke in a mess.

Well we could go head-to-head on stats but let's see if the market shows us the £reality in a year or two's time :)
For the stats to back up the claim McGinn would need double the amount of Jacks goals, double the amount of Jacks assists, double the amount of completed passes, dribbles, tackles etc. Like I said, an exaggeration

I used to go round to see my Nan and Grandad, when I was about 10 or 11 and Nan would pour me a small glass of Davenports stout, sweetened with a drop of orange squash.
This must have been the Witton equivulant of a glass of wine for the kids as happens in France.

To our grandparents generation, a bottle of stout was believed to have medicinal properties Wittonite :grinning:. My grandma, born in 1885, drank a bottle of Mackesons everyday and lived to be 104, tough old bird that she was :clap:

To our grandparents generation, a bottle of stout was believed to have medicinal properties Wittonite :grinning:. My grandma, born in 1885, drank a bottle of Mackesons everyday and lived to be 104, tough old bird that she was :clap:
I think the olduns knew a thing or two northampton. Both nan and grandad were well into their 80s when they popped off. I have heard my mum say that when she was a little girl her job for the morning was to take grandad a jug of ale down to the foundry in Cradley Heath where he worked as a chain maker, for his breakfast.

I'm sure you've been told:

1 - there is no welcome pack.
2 - JF is always wrong.
3 - I'm always right and when I'm not, it's just a test.
4 - Ignore Villan57, he's just grumpy (and he's not the only one!)
Also if you need Mike Field urgently you will be able to find him on the vital Leeds forum. Also message him for your welcome pack

I dont much like Leeds but they probably do belong in the PL. Not that means anything these days. Bielsa went up a fair bit in my estimation after the debacle at Leeds V us last season. I think them and Fulham are a decent bet for automatic this season?