Hands up who is missing the championship already ???? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Hands up who is missing the championship already ????

He provided an assist on saturday, and created 5 other chances. He also played well against Spurs with the exception of one mistake late on. He is a quality player. We lose 2 games and suddenly some people don't rate him any more.

Are people actually reading posts properly anymore.?. Same happened last week when I dared to say anything negative about Connor , when I had actually praised him in the same post!.

Can you find a post where someone has said they don’t rate Grealish after 2 games , be interested to see it .

What is being said is that Grealish has not appeared to have hit the same very high standards as last season yet. Nothing more nothing less .

Is this the comment I didn't read properly?

Don’t know fella. I was the last person to comment on a Grealish before your post so I have presumed you were commenting on my post. If you were not, my bad.

But if you were, like I said, no talk of not rating him in my post.

Must admit I loved the Championship, visiting grounds I haven't been to for years, visiting a few new ones, winning more than bloody losing and seeing the club knit back together again after years of utter desperation. Getting the connect back again between the club and the fans was really special last season in particular. Of course we're now back where we should be....need to be....I'm happy of course but this is a very different league and deep down despite the money we've spent we all know it's going to take years to re-establish ourselves. What I do know however is that we've got owners who are ambitious, not reckless, a coaching team which is in the main admired by the fan base, moreso than any others in recent history and that gives me genuine hope that we have the potential to compete, eventually in the upper half of the league again on a regular basis. So yes, I think I will miss elements of the Championship as we go through this season, the play off final is a day I will cherish for many a year but the hope of seeing this season through and having the undoubted potential to gradually keep building on the base which is being set is what will keep me upbeat and hopeful of a brighter future. If we'd gone up with Tony Xia at the helm I think the story would have been very different. Cheers Fulham!

What about Davenports beer at home?
Why is it I can't remember anything important? But I see that comment and immediately in to my brain comes:

Beer at home means Davenports
That's the beer. Lots of cheer.
The finest malts with hops and yeast
Turns a snack in to a feast
Straight from brewery to your home
Why collect? We'll deliver.
Soon you'll know why folks all say
Beer at home means Davenports.

Early onset dementia I reckon.

IMO what people loved about the Championship was a successful Aston Villa winning games at the top of the table, as opposed to years of absolute no hope drudgery in the Premier League.

As has already been mentioned, don't think many would be that fond of it had we been stuck there in mediocrity for years.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where it's money not football in the tread wittonite ? I must have missed all of that part.
Yes your right so I will rephrase. The Premier League is where we have to be regardless of how well we play, if we win or not, and if as fans we get as much entertainment from being beaten most weeks, because that is where the money is and as a club given our overheads we cant afford not to be there.

Don’t know fella. I was the last person to comment on a Grealish before your post so I have presumed you were commenting on my post. If you were not, my bad.

But if you were, like I said, no talk of not rating him in my post.
That's good. We both rate Grealish. Let's be friends

Yes your right so I will rephrase. The Premier League is where we have to be regardless of how well we play, if we win or not, and if as fans we get as much entertainment from being beaten most weeks, because that is where the money is and as a club given our overheads we cant afford not to be there.
Oh right now I'm with you wittonite,I completely agree with you there.

And we want to be competing at the highest possible level. If we were content with the EFL we should support Leeds.......any comments Mike??

Must admit I loved the Championship, visiting grounds I haven't been to for years, visiting a few new ones, winning more than bloody losing and seeing the club knit back together again after years of utter desperation. Getting the connect back again between the club and the fans was really special last season in particular. Of course we're now back where we should be....need to be....I'm happy of course but this is a very different league and deep down despite the money we've spent we all know it's going to take years to re-establish ourselves. What I do know however is that we've got owners who are ambitious, not reckless, a coaching team which is in the main admired by the fan base, moreso than any others in recent history and that gives me genuine hope that we have the potential to compete, eventually in the upper half of the league again on a regular basis. So yes, I think I will miss elements of the Championship as we go through this season, the play off final is a day I will cherish for many a year but the hope of seeing this season through and having the undoubted potential to gradually keep building on the base which is being set is what will keep me upbeat and hopeful of a brighter future. If we'd gone up with Tony Xia at the helm I think the story would have been very different. Cheers Fulham!
Please don't start me off on Xia,put all his eggs in one basket and nearly f*cked the club BUT that's another thread LOL

I as thinking this. If I am being honest I have felt a little flat so far this season and I think it's to do with the highs of February onwards and the realisation that it isn't going to be anywhere near that this season .

I am just looking forward to the time when we are a force in the Premier League again.

IIRC, on the day MON walked I suggested it would take us five years to recover if everything went well for us - it didn't and it took eight(?) years.

If I'm making another shout for us to become a "force" in the PL again (which presumably means top six) then that's likely somewhere between three years and never IMO.

Anything longer than a couple of years from here of course likely means the PL bubble pops in the meantime so WTF knows what happens then.

People need to realise Jack even on an off day is still our best player, criticism of him is a fucking joke. Very short memories of what life was like with him missing through being kicked to death.
Without him we will go down

Well I think McGinn is already twice the player Jack is but I hope I'll be proven wrong on that this season.