Halloween | Vital Football

Halloween

david-avfc

Vital Football Hero
Love it or hate it?

Personally I hate it. Another fake holiday invented by businesses to get people to spend money on useless junk; costumes, decorations, sweets etc

If you have small kids then make the best of it...Toffee apples, pumpkins, costumes etc its all great for them. When they grow up its rubbish!

Green Tea - 30/10/2013 21:21

If you have small kids then make the best of it...Toffee apples, pumpkins, costumes etc its all great for them. When they grow up its rubbish!

Yeah i will pretend i enjoy halloween for the kids now they are coming to the age, but ffs agree what a load of hype about nothing, but i will put it on and say for the kids ''hey halloween is great man'' pfff :3:

halloween when your older (drinking age) is the worst, have to go out dressed like an idiot. Forgot to get a costume this year, effectively meaning I can't go out and instead have a boring night on my laptop instead :/

Those people who spend time and effort and money getting a halloween costume ruin it for us lazy people. I bought a ticket for a night out and I can't even use it because I'm not dressed up (sorry but all of my clothes are normal and I'd like to keep it that way for fuck sake)

Was never a thing when I was a kid, just another marketing mans dream by the looks of it.

Always thought Americans did Halloween and we had bonfire night but hey ho, kids seem to enjoy it.

Does it matter? No! Do you have to go out and dress like a prat? No! Do you have to spend money on it? No! Do you have to hide razor blades in toffee apples to give to scrounging children? Not for me to say!

Wasn't about when I was growing up either. I did Halloween with mine every year. I went out with them too staying in the background. I wasn't having mine roaming around on their own in the dark, knocking on people's door. Plus I went so that people could see that they were being supervised and they weren't lout types.

We had alot of fun with and always a party after. Like anything always some that will spoil it.

Halloween has always been around. This trick or treat thing which does my head in only started here after the film ET and the kids cottoned on to it. As soon as it got dark last night they were knocking on the door and its not until tonight, so no doubt will get no peace later.

Don't mind Halloween, but do mind people sending their children out to strangers doors begging for sweets. Really odd behaviour.

Im going to a fancy dress halloween party on saturday... well we're actually doing it for my mates birthday but we all love an excuse to dress up and get rat arsed. Its not really a halloween celebration for halloween.

I've seen your facebook photos, ratman has the moves like Jagger!

I'm too miserable for fancy dress, or too lazy, or too tired. Or all of them. Never been bothered. I think I might be more like Karl Pilkington than I'd care to admit! Actually, sod that, I'm older, he's more like me! :3:

Like those murder mystery evenings. I'm sorry, thanks for the invite but fuck off...! I seriously don't get it.

The Fear - 31/10/2013 14:02

I've seen your facebook photos, ratman has the moves like Jagger!

I'm too miserable for fancy dress, or too lazy, or too tired. Or all of them. Never been bothered. I think I might be more like Karl Pilkington than I'd care to admit! Actually, sod that, I'm older, he's more like me! :3:

Like those murder mystery evenings. I'm sorry, thanks for the invite but fuck off...! I seriously don't get it.

You may be able to tell from the photos but I was absolutely wrecked!

I reckon everyone likes dressing up. Whether it be a nice suit for a wedding/funeral or **** dracula

I don't mind halloween but, as a dog owner, I take issue with people setting off fireworks for the entire week preceding it.

Like Fear and others, it was never a big deal when I was a kid. Bonfire night was the event then. What happened to Penny for the Guy? Halloween, in its present form,is an American import.

i can take it or leave it... but i make a bit of an efforet with pumpkins and carving them out for the kids... but thats the only involvement i have with it.

NI Villan - 31/10/2013 14:13

I don't mind halloween but, as a dog owner, I take issue with people setting off fireworks for the entire week preceding it.

More likely to be Diwali celebrations I think

david-avfc - 31/10/2013 15:44

NI Villan - 31/10/2013 14:13

More likely to be Diwali celebrations I think

Didn't even realise it was Diwali. Could be.

Whoever it is, I wish they'd stop it.

NI Villan - 31/10/2013 15:13

Since when did Hallowe'en and fireworks go together? Very strange!