Halifax | Vital Football

Halifax

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
I dont know why but I am having trouble feeling optimistic about tonight's match. I fancy we will have chances but wont score and probably get hit on the break once or twice. Probably 2-0 to the Shaymen.

Interesting that Mols is starting instead of Oates?

Like you Alf2 I don't have any great expectations for tonight's game, would be happy with a draw.

Ended as a draw.
Can't see Pools winning the league, we just don't score enough goals, hopefully we can stay in a playoff place - which at the start of the season was as much as I hoped for.

Funny how away draws seem disappointing when they are always a decent result really. Shows how far we've come.

Glad we picked up a point but the amount of chances we miss is becoming an issue. Dave Challinor said as much in his post match interview. I note Sutton won 3-2 after being behind twice. As OP said, we dont score enough goals to win this league but we should make the play offs which will extend the season and give us something to cheer.

Funny how away draws seem disappointing when they are always a decent result really. Shows how far we've come.
A good point about away draws but our problem is Sutton and Notts County winning game after game with no trouble scoring goals. They dont seem to consider an away draw is a good result: they win.

A good point about away draws but our problem is Sutton and Notts County winning game after game with no trouble scoring goals. They dont seem to consider an away draw is a good result: they win.
An away draw is a good result. A win is excellent.

An away draw on Saturday would be an excellent result!

DC in his post match comments would appear to be as frustrated as the rest of us by the inability to convert chances in to goals. Perhaps, it is time to make a few changes up front - Bloomfield instead of Oates, Mols instead of Holohan, switch to 442 and play Featherstone and White in midfield.
Changes may be forced by injuries to Sterry and Johnson.

Sounds like a good plan, OP. I think White is too good to be on the bench so a way must be found to play him with Featherstone. Holohan and Oates are either knackered or are having a random dip in form which I guess happens at this level. Rest them. Also I am wondering if the opposition have got Pools playing style sussed and are countering it so that the goals have almost dried up. Johnson is a big miss for us. I doubt he would have allowed that free header for the Halifax goal last night.