Gwen Poynter leaves the club | Vital Football

Gwen Poynter leaves the club

I'm sure this will a cost-cutting thing rather than anything else. Gwen was probably furloughed and has been made redundant with the value of furlough payments diminishing.

How old would you guess she was?

I remember that documentary back when Akinbiyi was playing and Andy Hess was shown playing football in his lounge with his child Jake.

She didn't exactly look as if she was in the flush of youth then. Could she just have retired?

The young social media guy (Henry Collier) tweeted yesterday that he'd left Gills. Obviously not as significant but does suggest that there's another round of cost cutting.

The young social media guy (Henry Collier) tweeted yesterday that he'd left Gills. Obviously not as significant but does suggest that there's another round of cost cutting.

I think it is very significant. Communication from the club is very poor with one exception - social media. If that nosedives we will be left with little comms.

Gwen must be close to retirement age so as said above as furlough ends maybe one or both parties decided now was a good time.

Good luck to both.

I think it is very significant. Communication from the club is very poor with one exception - social media. If that nosedives we will be left with little comms.

Gwen must be close to retirement age so as said above as furlough ends maybe one or both parties decided now was a good time.

Good luck to both.
Henry was a matchday media assistant.
Im not sure if he was even paid - he was there on extended work experience as part of his journalism degree. Now he’s graduated he probably needs a paid role, hence the move to Kent Live News.
The main media manager, Phil Catterick, is still at the club.
Gwen’s departure is much more significant. Must have been be one of the of the only people left at the club who were there before Scally took over.
Will be interesting to see whether they advertise a role for someone to come in as her replacement or if they’ve promoted someone within already.

Gwen was brilliant when I got married! (10 years this Friday) My wife posted a ''To my husband on our wedding day'' card to the club and Gwen had the players and Paul sign it! It was returned with complimentary cufflinks and a club tie!