Gus Poyet sacked live on the BBC | Vital Football

Gus Poyet sacked live on the BBC

holtelower

Vital Football Hero
Anyone watching this, bizarre !!!

For anyone who isn't.

Poyet is in the BBC studio doing analysis on the Spain v Nigeria game. Just before half time he was handed a print out of a statement from Brighton that has been put on the website saying he has been sacked.

He knew nothing about it, and therefore has spent the rest of the half on his phone to his solicitor.

They have spent the whole of half time talking about it.

Wierd.

How bad is that, luv to know what Poyet was supposed to have said or done to deserve this as he built that club up from nothing,

That is disgusting. I would be furious if I was a fan of the club. You just don't do that to people. Totally disrespect.

Doesn't matter what he is supposed to have done, or not. You don't treat people that way.

This actually says more about the club than Poyet imho

ClivetheVillan - 23/6/2013 23:35

How bad is that, luv to know what Poyet was supposed to have said or done to deserve this as he built that club up from nothing,

He sent an email which read:

'Hi All,
1) ...when Crystal Palace players and staff arrived to the Amex and went into their dressing room, they found themselves in a very uncomfortable situation, for some reason that still no clear to me , someone during the day had access to the away dressing room and done something terrible, trying to upset everyone related to Palace. To say it in clear English, someone had a ‘poo’ all outside the toilets, over and around the toilets.
Now, after careful consideration, and even after a meeting with the Chairman who assured me that MY REPUTATION IS INTACT, I feel that I must express my anger that anyone inside this organisation thought they could interfere with it.
I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low - did they imagine that this would affect the Crystal Palace players - well it possible did - it may just have fired them up even more.
Well someone made a very bad decision and I think it is time to stand up and take responsibility - not just the culprit but those employees who are supposed to make our stadium safe and secure. Surely changing rooms are high up on securities check lists???
Surely someone should lose their job to allow such a breach of security - they do not deserve to be part of this club!...
2)...would someone like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming the result of the game on this, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch.
My team of players and staff have worked hard this season and I do not appreciate negative actions from others within the club...whoever you are, you let the club down very badly.
Gus Poyet'

Taken from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326470/Gus-Poyet-fury-Brighton-leave-poo-Crystal-Palace-dressing-room.html

"2)...would someone like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming the result of the game on this, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch."

Wow - openly slag off your co-workers decisions?

murph - 24/6/2013 07:37

"2)...would someone like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming the result of the game on this, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch."

Wow - openly slag off your co-workers decisions?

I would like to point out that some of my co workers are in fact knobheads :10:

You would, but you wouldn't announce it.

Poyet's job is not to tell the marketing department how to do their job.

Poyet's job was to manage the team.

Poyet is a bit of a tit really.

murph - 24/6/2013 08:09

You're right sometimes it's best not to say anything . I must learn how to do this , it's very difficult for a cynical , oppinionated person like me to sit on my hands and say nothing .

Villan57 - 24/6/2013 08:35

murph - 24/6/2013 08:09

You're right sometimes it's best not to say anything . I must learn how to do this , it's very difficult for a cynical , oppinionated person like me to sit on my hands and say nothing .

It is probably the fact I speak my mind, that is why I haven't been allowed to go to the meeting with our big customer, to explain why my work is late.

Apparently they wouldn't accept:

"You can either have it on time, or you can have it fucking correct, you can't be realistic...and expect both."

:14: