Guitarists' Thread... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Guitarists' Thread...

What is it?

I knew you'd ask. 😉

Telecaster Deluxe re-issue. So, a strat neck, telecaster body and twin Fender humbuckers. I bought it about eight years ago new.

I think it's Mexican but the build quality is good. Cream with a black scratch-plate.

Nicest electric I've played and that includes a very Japanese strat.

I knew you'd ask. 😉

Telecaster Deluxe re-issue. So, a strat neck, telecaster body and twin Fender humbuckers. I bought it about eight years ago new.

I think it's Mexican but the build quality is good. Cream with a black scratch-plate.

Nicest electric I've played and that includes a very Japanese strat.

Does the serial number start with MX?

I would try reverb

I think new they are £550 for player up to £900 for vintera

I'll check and get back to you!

I have a us tele already from 2005 it’s single coil but very nice.

Your tele will fly on eBay or reverb. I was watching a squier classic vibe version of yours on eBay it sold for £260 when they are only a bit more for new. That’s a Chinese one so your Mexican should make £400 at least. From the age I think it will be a classic player.

If you go to the fender website and register you can add your serial number and it will tell you the exact model. This will help you flog it

If you go to the fender website and register you can add your serial number and it will tell you the exact model. This will help you flog it

Thanks, will do that! Not urgently trying to gey rid of it, but will do so at some point.

I bought both the tele and acoustic from the music shop in Lincoln - used to be Fox's I think, on the High Street.

I bought both the tele and acoustic from the music shop in Lincoln - used to be Fox's I think, on the High Street.

Fox’s music I remember that. The guy in there was a great guitarist. I think he went to my school.

I always go to Denmark street when in London. There used to be a good one in Doncaster called music ground but I think they went to jail!

Fox’s music I remember that. The guy in there was a great guitarist. I think he went to my school.

I always go to Denmark street when in London. There used to be a good one in Doncaster called music ground but I think they went to jail!

Then they need Jail Break by Thin Lizzy! Or possibly Breakin' the Law by Judas Priest. 😁

My dad dragged me to Music Ground a few times in my younger years - that was my alternative to being taken to Sincil Bank (I had to plough my own furrow as an Imps fan). He had a knack of bargaining to get a good deal and buying and selling all sorts of equipment second hand. I'm not sure he ever had one particular set up for more than a couple of months.

He ended up making his own guitars (essentially Strats), a couple of which I inherited and still have as my main electric 6 strings.

My dad dragged me to Music Ground a few times in my younger years - that was my alternative to being taken to Sincil Bank (I had to plough my own furrow as an Imps fan). He had a knack of bargaining to get a good deal and buying and selling all sorts of equipment second hand. I'm not sure he ever had one particular set up for more than a couple of months.

He ended up making his own guitars (essentially Strats), a couple of which I inherited and still have as my main electric 6 strings.

partscasters!

it was a really good shop so many floors. I nearly bought a beautiful guild from there in red wine. Only to see it has a cracked neck and cost more then it was worth to repair. Apparently they bought shipping containers of vintage guitars unseen!

High price of Gibsons is not just lockdown related. The company made some pretty big blunders a few years back and reported big losses, I believe, so they just lumped 10% on the price of their guitars. Second-hand market wasn't slow to notice this and so those prices went up too.

well just back from the local guitar shop to get strings, some chap just bought his new les Paul standard into the shop - the quality of the finish was undeniably beautiful but the switch didn’t work properly. The terrible wouldn’t hold and if you tapped the guitar it would ping back to middle. Shocking for a £2.2k guitar!