Guilty? | Vital Football

Guilty?

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
I see somebody called George Zimmerman was found not guilty of murdering a teenager in America. There have been protests in America because George was white and the teenager was black. It seems like a big deal and one of my American teachers seemed pretty upset about it but he's not guilty, right?

Yeah this is what i don't get. He was put on trial, and found not guilty. Are they saying the whole judicial process over there is inherently racist then?

A Jury found him not guilty, so yes, not guilty.

Without the evidence, nobody will ever know, especially the reactionary americans spurred on by their ever intensifying left/right media propaganda.

To add a little controversy here, it does appear to be mainly black people standing up for the black man and white/jew/mexicans standing up for the (proven to be) innocent defendant.

So rather than it being a case of truth vs lie, its become a race issue.

And that will never end in a country with such an abhorrent history added to the extreme left/right Media bias.

Hmmm don't know about that RS - from what i've seen, there seems to be a fair mix of equal races protesting and kicking up a fuss in support of the kid who was shot.

One of the jurors said she thought they were both to blame for the incident, so couldn't find the guy guilty.

As an aside, i've also read reports that the Obama administration was giving funds to alot of the early protests in support of the shot kid...

Edit - just done another quick search and there are some reports the DOJ was also responsible for organising post-verdict demonstarations as well

It seems to me that George is a psycho and probably guilty but it couldn't be proved so he walked. I don't remember people protesting when OJ walked.

Unusual name any relation to Dylan without reading about it I take it he's a Jew so presumably would have a lot of poke

Well the bottom line is, they took it to the courts and rightly or wrongly he was found to be not guilty.

But it would certainly make a huge difference if this crime was black on black, white on white or as it is, hispanic jew on black youth.

The right are of course saying the black kid is at fault, because all blacks are bad and the liberals are saying it must have been cold blooded murder because not all black youths are bad people and he seemed a good 'un

We will never know the truth and as you have seen from the benteke thread, rumour spreads rumour spreads rumour and nothing but a black hole of misinformation ensues leaving a never ending argument.

As long as people are allowed to carry guns, people will get shot.

as long as there is racism, certain groups will blame other groups regardless of fault.

Again, the bottom line is he went to trial and was found not guilty so unless there is a complete overhaul of the system, people need to accept it.

villawill - 17/7/2013 15:44

Hmmm don't know about that RS - from what i've seen, there seems to be a fair mix of equal races protesting and kicking up a fuss in support of the kid who was shot.

One of the jurors said she thought they were both to blame for the incident, so couldn't find the guy guilty.

As an aside, i've also read reports that the Obama administration was giving funds to alot of the early protests in support of the shot kid...

Bunch of lefty liberal do-gooders. he had a full, fair trial in front of a jury and was found not guilty. The liberals didn't like the verdict (because he was a white guy aquitted of killing a black guy), so everybody scream racist and kick off.

Jonah - 18/7/2013 00:51

villawill - 17/7/2013 15:44

Bunch of lefty liberal do-gooders. he had a full, fair trial in front of a jury and was found not guilty. The liberals didn't like the verdict (because he was a white guy aquitted of killing a black guy), so everybody scream racist and kick off.

I'm a Guardian reading, sandal wearing liberal and I don't give a shit. :D

It is wrongly being turned into a race issue. The bottom line is that to convict anyone of anything, there has to be evidence that proves they did it.

That is the way the justice system works.

It is a hugely flawed system that has been ruined by money grabbing lawyers and complex and often subjective 'laws', but the system is the way it is to minimse the number of innocents that get wrongly convicted.

But because of this, it is 'easier' to get acquittals for guilty people...especially when they can afford the best law team.

The law system HAS to be that way, otherwise people would start to get convicted on probable cause and circumstantial evidence...the downside is that criminals can get away with crimes when there is a lack of evidence.

It has been turned into a race issue IMO. Zimmerman was attacked by the lad. He had gashes on the back of his head and bruising. He shot him in self defense.

Regarding the Florida law he is then not guilty as it was self-defense. Zimmerman was on his neighborhood watch round.

They were trying to say Zimmerman used too much force and he didn't fear for his life. Like erm if you just had your head hit off the pavement you aren't exactly thinking straight.

The law in Florida is what it is so therefore he is not guilty.

He killed a man-yes. That doesn't make him guilty of murder necessarily. Most of these people demonstrating aren't there because for the young lad. They are there because it gives them a so called excuse to act like a yob and cause violence and trouble

kefkat - 18/7/2013 01:59

It has been turned into a race issue IMO. Zimmerman was attacked by the lad. He had gashes on the back of his head and bruising. He shot him in self defense.

Regarding the Florida law he is then not guilty as it was self-defense. Zimmerman was on his neighborhood watch round.

They were trying to say Zimmerman used too much force and he didn't fear for his life. Like erm if you just had your head hit off the pavement you aren't exactly thinking straight.

The law in Florida is what it is so therefore he is not guilty.

He killed a man-yes. That doesn't make him guilty of murder necessarily. Most of these people demonstrating aren't there because for the young lad. They are there because it gives them a so called excuse to act like a yob and cause violence and trouble

According to the American teacher who got all upset about it, Zimmerman phoned the police to report a suspicious person. The police told him to stay indoors and they would handle it. Zimmerman got his gun and followed they black guy around the neighbourhood until they got into a fight.

Zimmerman has priors for domestic abuse or some psycho stuff like that.

They told him to stay in his car I believe was what I read, not his house. I don't know why he got out of the car. Don't know about any other offences. I hadn't heard about them.

All rumours

As kefkat says, this was the guy on community patrol or whatever that supposedly shot the teenager in self defence? It got a huge amount of media coverage when it first happened. There were riots amongst the black community. Alot of debate over this one. I'm going to grab a nice seat on the fence.

Always the same whislt it being a shame for the kid and his family its always about race issues, i mean ffs the word ''race or rascist'' has to be right up there with the most sick to death of words i am hearing, i mean even up there with the feckin ''wage cuts'' at Villa!

Were the Jury all white? I think it has been reported that they were.

Green Tea - 18/7/2013 16:03

If you honestly thought a guy had murdered another guy, would you say he was innocent just because he was white?

Green Tea - 18/7/2013 07:03

GT Zimmerman wasn't strictly white so that makes no difference

He was Hispanic Jew

It is a strange verdict and it would seem that to reach such a verdict the jury must have made certain assumptions about the deceased based upon his race.

It is very peculiarly American, which arises directly from the prevalence of fire-arms.

Zimmerman interrupted his own business because he suspected Trayvon Martin had committed a crime. He then followed Martin, despite being told not to by the police, and provoked Martin into a confrontation, which led to a physical fight.

On being knocked to the ground and receiving minor lacerations to his head and face, which did not need hospital treatment, Zimmerman shot Martin at very close range as Martin leaned over him.

It is notable that Zimmerman did not make a plea based on the so-called 'stand your ground' law because he obviously knew he himself had forced the confrontation.

So the jury had to make the call whether Martin had sufficient grounds to believe that his life was in danger, for the self-defence plea to stand.

The assumption by the jury that Martin being a black male was sufficient grounds for Zimmerman to assume his life was in danger, seem entirely based upon race.

From the very beginning Zimmerman had racially profiled Martin, and the reasons he shot Martin were exactly the same reasons he had pursued him in the first place - because he was black.

So basically the trial found that it is perfectly reasonable to assume all black males are criminals and life-threatening, and can be shot.

From the evidence it seems that the not-guilty verdict was entirely racially motivated.

And I don't think that is right.