Guilty pleasure songs - n/g | Vital Football

Guilty pleasure songs - n/g

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
I heard Bros "I owe you nothing" today and i sang every word.

I was 19 when this came out and it reminded me of a time when life seemed so easy. No bills, debts or responsibilities. Nights out that went on forever (normally Joannas) and a large supply of ladies.

The beat really is good and you cannot help get involved.

Promise by Girls Aloud. Listened to 6 months of BFBS radio in the Falklands and they only seemed to have 3 records, this being one of them. It passed the time between sheep shearing alerts.

I love so many cheesy songs and hum along to them, so difficult to pick just one.

A tune that is so bad that it is good is "The One and Only" by Chesney Hawkes, although Roger Daltrey being in the related film and video gives it some cred !

Last edited:
I heard Bros "I owe you nothing" today and i sang every word.

I was 19 when this came out and it reminded me of a time when life seemed so easy. No bills, debts or responsibilities. Nights out that went on forever (normally Joannas) and a large supply of ladies.

The beat really is good and you cannot help get involved.

Wx, have you seen the Bros documentary, 'After the Screaming Stops'? It's well worth watching.

Here's one of my guilty pleasures. They weren't even a proper band, ffs!

IMHO the late, great Scott Walker had one of the best voices ever in popular music.

I love his song "Joanna" so much I named my daughter after it.

This song featured in the film Roadhouse, the guy was driving a convertible down the middle of the road, swaying from side to side. Embarrassed to admit I tried it in a moment of devilment.