Guess which ground stood here 10 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Guess which ground stood here 10

Ayresome Park, Middlesborough.

Is the correct answer.

The white wall at the rear is the only part of the ground that remains. It is the outer wall of The Holdgate End and was retained at the suggestion of Boro fans as part of the housing estate that now occupies the site. The jacket is in fact a bronze sculpture and signifies where one of the goalposts stood (Jackets for goalposts) , and is one of a few sculptures on the site. A bronze football on someone’s garden denotes a penalty spot and a pair of footprints with stud marks show the location where Pak Do Ik was stood when he scored North Korea’s winning goal v Italy in the World Cup match of 1966 on the ground.

Yes, I know I need to get out more.....

Is the correct answer.

The white wall at the rear is the only part of the ground that remains. It is the outer wall of The Holdgate End and was retained at the suggestion of Boro fans as part of the housing estate that now occupies the site. The jacket is in fact a bronze sculpture and signifies where one of the goalposts stood (Jackets for goalposts) , and is one of a few sculptures on the site. A bronze football on someone’s garden denotes a penalty spot and a pair of footprints with stud marks show the location where Pak Do Ik was stood when he scored North Korea’s winning goal v Italy in the World Cup match of 1966 on the ground.

Yes, I know I need to get out more.....

thank you that is an excellent snippet!