Guess the team v Reading | Vital Football

Guess the team v Reading

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
I expect Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Lowe, Bryson, Ledley, Mount, Wilson, Nugent, Lawrence. Subs Roos, Bogle, Forsyth, Johnson, Bennett, Jozefzoon and Marriott. Vydra isn't yet fit enough to train with the 1st team, Huddlestone and Thomas are injured and we have 13 more in the squad to keep happy.

I don't think Evans has had any time to bed in to get into the XVIII for the game against his former club.

Cannot argue but do you think Roos is ahead of Mitchell as #2 keeper? Silly question I suppose, as obviously you do!

To me, it's toss up between the two. Mitchell is the better shot stopper of the 2. Roos the better all round keeper. Reasonable with the wrong foot and used to playing the "back up sweeper" role Lampard appears to want.

Also Mitchell is coming back from injury which is why he has had very little playing time pre season and Roos has had quite a lot but less than Carson.

In short, fitness and fitting Lampard's bill put Roos slightly ahead. That may change in the future.

I fully expect FL to make a choice as to whom his #2 keeper is and the odd bod out to go out on a half season loan with a call-back clause which, according to the rules, can't be invoked in the first month of a loan.

Cannot argue but do you think Roos is ahead of Mitchell as #2 keeper? Silly question I suppose, as obviously you do!
Not over fussed about the pair, both are prone to cock-ups and don't give me the impression they are what is needed for a promotion push, if our main man goes down.....

Latest Rams News