premier 1 - 4
SeasideEssexXile - 4
aussie1 - 2
bfcluke - 2
themaclad - 2
UAE Seasider - 2
Bear1951 - 1
Bobhatton - 1

SeXy his goal was the second, if it's an own goal you need to predict that also, that's how it's been played ever since I took part. That's also why I listed Lennon (OG) as the scorer.

Last edited:
Unsure why we have got First Pool Goal Scorer as the guess then?
FPGS

On a separate note the bookies don't payout on own goals as FGS - the Delf scoring first was taken by me at 6/1 and they paid out (y)

I think it's to specify the first goal recorded for Blackpool in the game, as opposed to the first goal scored which could be by the opposition. What if we won the game by a 1-0 scoreline but the only goal scored was an OG? That would still be a BFC goal just not scored by any of our players.

We also need OG as an option otherwise if you were to put No BFC scorer thinking we were going to win by a 1 - 0 OG then somebody predicting a 0 - 0 scoreless draw could also pick up a point which would be wrong.

There was me just following the rules as posted by Abel 8 years ago

AbelBFC
Vital Champions League
Aug 1, 2011

1. Predictions must be made in the relevant thread at least one hour before kick-off. Any predictions made after this deadline will be null and void.

2. Predictions for home games should be made thus:

Blackpool - Away Team
e.g. Blackpool 1-0 Preston
First BFC goalscorer:

Any predictions not submitted in this manner will be declared null and void.

3. Predictions for away games should be made thus:

Home Team - Blackpool
e.g. Preston 0-1 Blackpool
First BFC goalscorer:

Any predictions not submitted in this manner will be declared null and void.

3. In the event of a postponement or abandonment, all predictions will be declared null and void.

4. Points will be awarded thus:

Correct result and scoreline: 3 points
Correct result but incorrect scoreline: 1 point

Correct first BFC goalscorer/correctly predicting no BFC goalscorer: 1 point

5. The table will be updated as soon as possible after every game.

6. Any questions or queries should be directed to the Editors.

7. The Editors' decisions are final.

Using the rules above if you predict a Pool 2-0 win and the first goal comes via an own goal then Pool win 2-0 \, putting no pool scorer would get maximum points.

I agree that the OG scenario isn't covered in the rules from 2011, but I know that it has been used since I have been playing the game, I have lost the extra point to it previously.

Also with those rules, your entry of Delfouneso does not entitle you to the extra point :grinning:

Willing to make it a point of discussion amongst all of the entrants for the remaining rounds.

Wonder why we have all been putting First Pool Goal Scorer then?

What we should have all been putting and including opposition players unless we are saying unless Pool score first then you can never get max points.
Bookies apply these rules for FGS

"The first goalscorer part of the bet is governed by the samerules as first goalscorer singlebets - own goals do not count"

I love a challenge:grinning:

SeXy his goal was the second, if it's an own goal you need to predict that also, that's how it's been played ever since I took part. That's also why I listed Lennon (OG) as the scorer.

2015/16 Season (the season following UAE's prediction league win for the 14/15 season)

Saturday, 22. October 2016
Blackpool 4 Doncaster Rovers 2

Scorers:
0 : 1Andy Taylor 1. / own goal
1 : 1Brad Potts 25.
2 : 1Kelvin Mellor 39
.3 : 1Brad Potts 47.
4 : 1Kyle Vassell 48
4 : 2Tommy Rowe 66. / penalty

Before this game:
Prediction
bfcpete
Oct 21, 2016
Pool 1- 3 Doncaster
Potts

Following the game:
bfcpete
Oct 24, 2016
Bear - do I not get anything for predicting the first goal scorer?

Bear replied:
Apologies Pete....I'm suffering from UAEitis. Please check your scores folks....the Bear is in love and prone to be numerically erratic at the moment! You are all still eating my dust though.
Corrected table:

and the table was promptly updated to include the point to Pete for the first goal scorer.

Now we can either apply the rules as we always have (the above shows a perfect example) or we can apply new rules this season that it is the first goalscorer and not Pool goalscorer and OG becomes an option as FGS.

Last edited:
If it came down to a consensus of opinion then I'd give Sexy the extra point...

Gawd, it might shut him up!?