GRSGimmer. | Page 2 | Vital Football

GRSGimmer.

Just to say thank you for all your kind thoughts. Only Gimmer could defy medical science - he twice tested positive for covid, was admitted to hospital last week due to his age and poorly condition and I really did fear the worst, then tested negative and was back at home yesterday and outside weeding his garden. We will be watching the massive West Ham home match tonight on I-follow (or whatever it is called). Thanks again, regards Kate.

Just to say thank you for all your kind thoughts. Only Gimmer could defy medical science - he twice tested positive for covid, was admitted to hospital last week due to his age and poorly condition and I really did fear the worst, then tested negative and was back at home yesterday and outside weeding his garden. We will be watching the massive West Ham home match tonight on I-follow (or whatever it is called). Thanks again, regards Kate.

Great news! Continue to get better, Gimmer!

Onya Gimmer 👍 (as they say around here)

Tough as old boots. Hope you continue on your recovery. Best wishes.

So glad you have updated us as I was going to ask how he is. Thats great news & hope Gills can pull off another win for him soon to help with his progress.
I hate watching the news these days when they insist on telling us how many people died today from covid. Their peoples loved one's and it sometimes feels a bit insensitive to me. I realise its news and maybe people would accuse them of hiding the facts if they didn't announce it, but I'm also aware that covid is a sensitive subject for me. I dont know how old Gimmer is but I guess from what you say, that he's maybe getting on a bit, so he must have a bit of Gills spirit in him.
My wife is only 45 but covid put her in intensive care on a ventilator for 5 weeks.
We wer'e lucky though as after 7weeks she came out of hospital, those 5 weeks wer'e the hardest of my life, made all the worse by not even being allowed to see her. And do you know the first thing she asked a nurse when she could finally speak? She asked if she knew how the cat was.
Still I spose had it been me my first words would probably had beed ''have Gills won a game yet.'' Very best wishes to you and of course Gimmer.

well done Gimmer, Gills & you know you are!

So glad you have updated us as I was going to ask how he is. Thats great news & hope Gills can pull off another win for him soon to help with his progress.
I hate watching the news these days when they insist on telling us how many people died today from covid. Their peoples loved one's and it sometimes feels a bit insensitive to me. I realise its news and maybe people would accuse them of hiding the facts if they didn't announce it, but I'm also aware that covid is a sensitive subject for me. I dont know how old Gimmer is but I guess from what you say, that he's maybe getting on a bit, so he must have a bit of Gills spirit in him.
My wife is only 45 but covid put her in intensive care on a ventilator for 5 weeks.
We wer'e lucky though as after 7weeks she came out of hospital, those 5 weeks wer'e the hardest of my life, made all the worse by not even being allowed to see her. And do you know the first thing she asked a nurse when she could finally speak? She asked if she knew how the cat was.
Still I spose had it been me my first words would probably had beed ''have Gills won a game yet.'' Very best wishes to you and of course Gimmer.

I hope she’s feeling much better now mate

more importantly was the cat OK? 😀

Well done Kate for all you've done for Gimmer, and delighted to know he was back in the garden weeding. I had two friends and one family member who went in hospital with Covid and never came home again. Hopefully the long awaited win against Donny gave him a lift.
I hope he enjoyed the "Gillingham Legends" book I dropped off to him a while back, courtesy of OSK's generosity. Keep us all updated on here please, we're all routing for him.

Well done Kate for all you've done for Gimmer, and delighted to know he was back in the garden weeding. I had two friends and one family member who went in hospital with Covid and never came home again. Hopefully the long awaited win against Donny gave him a lift.
I hope he enjoyed the "Gillingham Legends" book I dropped off to him a while back, courtesy of OSK's generosity. Keep us all updated on here please, we're all routing for him.

So sorry to hear of your sad loss DC.

Hi Solent, and thanks for your thoughts. Gimmer is back home in his prefab, still smoking his roll ups, and still cursing about all things GFC, especially today! When he stops doing any of this I will then know he is ill, lol.
Has he SORN his Anglia ?