Group of 40 for pre-Euro 2016 England get-together | Vital Football

Group of 40 for pre-Euro 2016 England get-together

spurdon

Vital Football Legend
The players and manager will meet at St George’s Park next Thursday, with Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck included, but no Luke Shaw Roy Hodgson has selected a group of 40 England players who will meet at St George’s Park next Thursday to begin preparations for the Euro 2016 finals in France.Hodgson has requested all 30 of the players he played during England’s 10 internationals during 2015 attend the get-together with around another 10 players invited.Roy Hodgson has selected a group of 40 England players who will meet at St George’s Park next Thursday to begin preparations for the Euro 2016 finals in France.
Hodgson has requested all 30 of the players he played during England’s 10 internationals during 2015 attend the get-together with around another 10 players invited.
I know lots of you guys are utterly disenchanted by the England team. However if your cursed with being born of these isles, we will all reluctantly get drawn into watching the mess Woy makes of it come July(and he will do just that, even though we will be slightly better). So this get together with its shades of Don Revie is an interesting one, if only because on my reckoning at least five possibly six Spurs players will go to St Georges park. However Hodgsons limitations will be evident in some omissions- Drinkwater( he deserves a close look) and invites to the likes of Phil Jones(should be not be within a mile). You would have thought the embarrassment of the established order in the EPL would be reflected in this meet up but it won't United, Liverpool will be over represented whilst the "smaller" sides will be over looked. Deaney, Dann, Drinkwater all should be considered for places at Euros. Discuss.

Only way I will really pay attention is if we play the Kids with a sprinkling of older players.

Stones, Dier, Alli, Sterling, Kane, Clyne, Barkley Shaw (if fit) all need to start for England - or as many as we can fit into a formation.

I would even consider Butland over Hart.

Kinygerbils - 8/2/2016 11:00

Only way I will really pay attention is if we play the Kids with a sprinkling of older players.

Stones, Dier, Alli, Sterling, Kane, Clyne, Barkley Shaw (if fit) all need to start for England - or as many as we can fit into a formation.

I would even consider Butland over Hart.

We have some of the most exciting and potentially outstanding players in Europe coming through - if Woy ignores them he'll he'd be a complete moron.

My one wish is that Sturridge is fit and back to his best - he and Kane could make a devastating partnership.

Spursex - 8/2/2016 12:23

We have some of the most exciting and potentially outstanding players in Europe coming through - if Woy ignores them he'll he'd be a complete moron.

if=when

I want them to consider Troy Deany his energy and fight is made for tournament football. I also see nothing wrong in using tactics that work for the players we have, England do not have a creative centre- midfield player good enough to play between the lines and open up our opponents. Its time to stop kidding ourselves wiltshere is not good enough. So keeping shape and using Sterling in the channels over the top with Vardy down the middle off Kane will hurt teams. Soak up pressure with Drinkwater and Dier push Alli up to play off the strikers, teams would not like that England. They love the one that plays side to side in front of them with Wiltshere pretending and failing to be Iniesta. The back four is a source of real problems because form means Stones( who people got carried away with) is still too raw. For me it has to be:
Hart
Clyne
Dann
Smalling
Bertrand
Drinkwater
Dier
Sterling
Alli
Kane
Vardy

Subs: Sturridge, Deaney,Delph, Whiltshere Butland Walcott, Chamberlin

I think that eleven -not possibley the best eleven players in England would make the best damn team. I'd also cause a national melt down by taking Deaney for his fight and leadership over six times bust Rooney.

Hart, Clyne, Dier, Stones, Bertrand, Alli, Drinkwater, Barkley, Sterling, Vardy, Kane.

No doubt Smalling, Cahill, Jones, Henderson, Rooney will still get a look in. Yawn.

I was having a chat with someone at work about our squad for the euros and my conclusion was that Woy needs to pick an effective style of football, then pick a team based on it - my example was the Spurs style high pressing game. If we bulk out the squad who are used to playing a high pressing game, or play under a manager who deploys those tactics, then we can fill the gaps with "luxuries" who could potentially change a game should we fall behind.

For me its all about finding an English style again. We have such a varied Premier League that few teams (and therefore players) are used to playing in the same way. Circumnavigate that issue and we're part way there.

As has been said, we've got some very exciting young players coming through for England these days. Lets hope we can get them firing