Grimshaw Interview | Vital Football

Grimshaw Interview

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
From fishul site:

Daniel Grimshaw admits he's loved every minute of being involved in the side, as the shot-stopper continues to impress between the sticks in the absence of Chris Maxwell.

Grimshaw has started the last four league matches for the Seasiders, and has kept back-to-back clean sheets in the recent victories over Preston and Sheffield United, making crucial saves along the way.

"It's been a great experience so far and I'm really enjoying it," the former Manchester City man said.

"It's unfortunate in how the opportunity came about with Maxi getting injured, and I've just tried to do my best for the team whilst he is out. It's a chance for me to taste Championship football, and I'm learning as each game passes."

Grimshaw, who's only taste of senior football before Blackpool came with non-league Hemel Hempstead and Belgian side Lommel, has admitted the calibre of opposition in the Championship is another leavel from what he has experience before.

"There's a big difference in the opposition here compared to my other experiences of first-team football in my career so far," he said.

"Even though it's only been four games in the league so far, I feel my own game has improved in the short space of time, and I'm looking forward to continuing to help the side as best I can whilst I have the opportunity."