Grimsby | Page 4 | Vital Football

Grimsby

it was Good Friday, we then played the next day and then on Easter Monday, so 3 games in 4 days

It was quite usual for there to be a full Football League programme on three days out of four over Easter. I think it was round about 1980 when they stopped it - not sure why.

I have a new favorite fishy post, from Robocod, just when you start to detect the odd sign of grounded reality..

"That Vital site is something else. If the Imps visiting really want to do some form of irony, how about these paranoid little gems on their site..

1700 at blunder tonight, who's plastic now ha ha.
The-slippery-greek - 180 posts

Had a bet with a town fan that our lowest league gate at home will be higher than their highest this season, league only
riby - 64 (
grin.png
) posts

I’m not going either, basically because I got the biggest kicking of my life on the North Shore last time I went.
Norfolk Imp - 46 posts

Louth- always a good place to park when visiting Grimsby!
StrangelyBrown - 336 posts

So there'll be more imps at Blunders on Saturday than there were cods for a home game! What a massive club they are.
Long suffering Imp (suffering apparently for a mere 741 posts)

Just pointing this out as it backs up my view of those fans that I and others bump into in Lincoln, total frauds, popping up only when the going is good. "

So a fans length of service/loyality to his club ,and ability to have an opinion is measured in how many posts he puts on a forum.:oops: You couldnt make it up. Obviously 38 yrs without a break means nothing, i must get posting more. I started posted on here when we were at our lowest ebb well before the Cowleys turned up, shame on any plastic vitals contributors who havnt got at least 10,000 posts under your belt.

Their forum and contributors is no different to Vital, if you only read posts under the thread Lincoln or Grimsby you'll get a few reasoned views but also suffer a fair amount of blinkered/uninformed/biased/offensive/wind up "banter" or views as well. Other threads such as match threads etc are much more informative and interesting, the only real difference is how current fortunes of the both clubs alters the perspective of the posts.

For years our support was terrible so they have a go at us.
Now we have 8500+ going most home games and sell out our allocation for most away games they have a go at us.

:hmmm:

Know they're classed as northeast Lincs , but were humberside , and have Doncaster post codes , and with an terrible accent , but to me and quite a few others they seem to be more like Yorkshire than Lincolnshire , in all honesty with the negativity associated with the place it's become an embarrassment to have Lincolnshire linked with them , is it worth a campaign to alter the county borders and just let them be part of greater hull or just Yorkshire

Just had a first look at the Fishy forum, makes an interesting read. They don’t appear very keen on us do they?
I took my lad to an away at Grimsby a good few years ago, he’s 20 now and was probably about 6 or 7 and had never been to an away match before. It was about 22 degrees when we left Lincoln in our T shirts, but freezing in Grimsby, that’s my main memory of the day.... think we lost, and there was a Lincoln women without her top on...Oh, and we had stuff chucked at us, and there was some fighting...

I couldn't care less what posters on The Fishy think about us tbh. To me it's all about getting 3 points on Saturday then they can say or think what they want. If we are travelling back down the A46 after 3pm listening to Radio Lincs waxing lyrical about another 3 points having got 3 league wins out of 3 at the start of the season then it doesn't matter I will be an extremely happy bunny :wahey:

Nottyimp might even break into a smile of celebration as well :grinning:

Know they're classed as northeast Lincs , but were humberside , and have Doncaster post codes , and with an terrible accent , but to me and quite a few others they seem to be more like Yorkshire than Lincolnshire , in all honesty with the negativity associated with the place it's become an embarrassment to have Lincolnshire linked with them , is it worth a campaign to alter the county borders and just let them be part of greater hull or just Yorkshire

Could we do something similar with Boston?

Somebody up there obviously thinks I need to be put in the mood for Saturday. I'm sitting here in my nice comfy theatre room watching Foxtel. Just flicked through the channels and found a programme called "Inside the Factory". Its all about the cod factory in Grimsby - NNNOOOOOOOOO ???

Plenty of Yorkshire folk I know say they feel at home on their summer hols in cleethorpes , say it's just like a little Yorkshire by the sea ,lads reckon it's great cos the local women are free and easy , cheap version of Benidorm but with out the sun and frills they say

Just had a first look at the Fishy forum, makes an interesting read. They don’t appear very keen on us do they?
I took my lad to an away at Grimsby a good few years ago, he’s 20 now and was probably about 6 or 7 and had never been to an away match before. It was about 22 degrees when we left Lincoln in our T shirts, but freezing in Grimsby, that’s my main memory of the day.... think we lost, and there was a Lincoln women without her top on...Oh, and we had stuff chucked at us, and there was some fighting...
Re: chucking stuff
i remember one grimsby trip, bags of kitchen waste being thrown into the away end - from the houses that butt up to the open bit near the corner flag. #yokels#noyoke

I couldn't care less what posters on The Fishy think about us tbh. To me it's all about getting 3 points on Saturday then they can say or think what they want. If we are travelling back down the A46 after 3pm listening to Radio Lincs waxing lyrical about another 3 points having got 3 league wins out of 3 at the start of the season then it doesn't matter I will be an extremely happy bunny :wahey:

Nottyimp might even break into a smile of celebration as well :grinning:
You were doing fine until the last part, almost believable to that point....