Grimsby Town (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do Beat Them? | Vital Football

Grimsby Town (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do Beat Them?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What 3 things do we need to do to beat Grimsby Town on Saturday afternoon?

<b>Previous Articles:</b>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521635' target='blank'><b>3 Things We Need To Do To Beat Crawley Town</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=522257' target='blank'><b>3 Things We Need To Do To Beat Crewe Alexandra</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=523136' target='blank'><b>3 Things We Need To Do To Beat Coventry City</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=523578' target='blank'><b>3 Things We Need To Do To Beat Mansfield Town</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=523857' target='blank'><b>3 Things We Need To Do To Beat Chesterfield</b></a>

1. Start with Palmer instead of Rhead. Jolley has no knowledge of the EFL or League Two at all, and has not been back in the country for long. He will swallow the rubbish about Lincoln being long ball and will believe that everything comes through Rhead; he will (try to) set his team up accordingly. Finding no Rhead will scupper his plans and will leave his already clueless players even more clueless. Besides anything else, Palmer has earned a start and seems to enjoy playing against his former clubs.

2. Just attack/pressurise/press them. They have 5 points and 6 goals from their last 16 games and have no confidence whatsoever.

3. Score. Grimsby have scored 2 goals in their last 8 away games, and one of those was a penalty. One goal should be enough (but six would be better).

I don’t know about three, but here’s one. You could hand out song sheets to all your plastic fans, enabling them to get behind the team! Brilliant or what!

highjo1 - 13/3/2018 14:48

I don’t know about three, but here’s one. You could hand out song sheets to all your plastic fans, enabling them to get behind the team! Brilliant or what!

Thanks highjo, you just worry about your own team ay and we'll quite happily keep cashing in from all the polystyrene fans we've attracted over the last 18 months :pointy:

Anyway back on topic. PACE, PACE, PACE. By all accounts they haven't got any, particularly at the back.

On the subject of pace, just look at that defence (they played five at the back against Port Vale):

LB: Andrew Fox 25 years 2 months (just signed as a free agent)
CB: Danny Colins 37 years, 7 months
CB: Nathan Clarke 34 years, 3 months
CB: Easah Suliman 20 years, 1 month (on loan from Villa)
RB: Ben Davies, 36 years, 10 months

A fine blend of inexperience and old age.

hulloutpost - 13/3/2018 20:19

Thanks highjo, you just worry about your own team ay and we'll quite happily keep cashing in from all the polystyrene fans we've attracted over the last 18 months :pointy:

Anyway back on topic. PACE, PACE, PACE. By all accounts they haven't got any, particularly at the back.

Let’s just hope you can keep hold of them Hully. I wouldn’t want you to look foolish retrospectively now would I? ;-)

not assume we are going to win easily just because they are on a terrible run. [learn from the crewe game]
score first. [we've scored first in nine of the last ten home league games].
don't sit back after scoring first. [we've gone in at half time with only one goal in all of them].

highjo1 - 13/3/2018 20:48

hulloutpost - 13/3/2018 20:19

Let’s just hope you can keep hold of them Hully. I wouldn’t want you to look foolish retrospectively now would I? ;-)

Don't you concern yourself about that old chap/pess. All things are cyclical and no doubt at some point in the future our crowds will drop off and normal service will be resumed. Who knows the traditional order of cods doing better than Imps might even return. Anyway how are things going up the A46 right now, just out of interest like. We're having a party down here don't ya know.

Pretty bleak Mr Hully, you will be pleased to hear. However the appointment of this Jolley fellow seems to have galvanised our support somewhat. I like and hear good things about the man. What are your thoughts? Anyway let’s hope it’s an exciting match on Saturday with no trouble. I’d take a draw if I’m being honest, don’t think we’re good enough for the win - but stranger things have happened! UTM

highjo1 - 13/3/2018 21:23

Pretty bleak Mr Hully, you will be pleased to hear. However the appointment of this Jolley fellow seems to have galvanised our support somewhat. I like and hear good things about the man. What are your thoughts? Anyway let’s hope it’s an exciting match on Saturday with no trouble. I’d take a draw if I’m being honest, don’t think we’re good enough for the win - but stranger things have happened! UTM

Well he has to be a better appointment than going down the route of an ego (Campbell) or journeyman (Brown) if you are at least trying to give yourselves a chance of breaking the cycle of ever decreasing circles. He doesn't lack confidence or ideas it would seem so it will be genuinely interesting to see how it pans out. As for the result, well it's a Derby so all bets are off.

NottyImp - 13/3/2018 20:41

Turn up. :pointy:
Beat me to it!
I've only just turned my phone because I've been laughing at Manure :rolly: :rolly: :rolly:
Back to it now to watch Nicky "boring" Butt shovel humble pie down his neck. At h/t - "Seville are a poor side, they can't score here" :pointy:

I like the cut of your jib Mr Hully. Yes a derby does serve up an an ounce of unpredictability, doesn’t it. Let’s hope Mr Jolley can get us out of this mess Slade/Fenty has dug us into, starting at the Bank on Saturday! ;-)

Scotimp - 13/3/2018 14:34

Jolley has no knowledge of the EFL or League Two at all, and has not been back in the country for long.

A reply for you!

<b>@Maxgreenfield16:</b> <i>"Jolley does have knowledge of Englishfootball having worked at Burnley and at Lincoln so get your facts right"</i>

Jules - 16/3/2018 08:22

Scotimp - 13/3/2018 14:34

Jolley has no knowledge of the EFL or League Two at all, and has not been back in the country for long.

A reply for you!

<b>@Maxgreenfield16:</b> <i>"Jolley does have knowledge of Englishfootball having worked at Burnley and at Lincoln so get your facts right"</i>

Unless I'm very much mistaken, I said he had no experience of the EFL or League Two, not English football. Let's look at the facts then, as Mr Greenfield says he likes them. He lasted about four months at Lincoln as a coach under David Holdsworth, and they were in the Conference at the time. Secondly, he was a development coach at Burnley with no involvement with the first team - therefore the highest he has ever coached is the U23 league. All the other clubs he has been involved with have also consisted of academy roles, and he has not lasted for long at any of them. Grimsby is his ninth post in thirteen years. So, I ask the question again: what does Jolley know about the EFL and specifically League Two? He has no management or coaching experience in the Football League whatsoever. A complete novice. A rookie. Fresh from relegation in Sweden, too. Just the right man for a relegation fight in League Two, then...

"A complete novice. A rookie. Fresh from relegation in Sweden, too. Just the right man for a relegation fight in League Two, then..."

I'm liking him already

:grin: