Grimsby Town (a): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Grimsby Town (a): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI?

Vickers

Eardley Shackell Wharton Toffolo

Bostwick O'Connor Frecklington

Anderson Akinde Andrade

I hope we aren't too defensive.

Grimsby will step it up, but we'll surely have way too much for them.

The fact that I can't find room for Pett, McCartan, Chapman, Rhead or Green is testament to how far we have come in a short space of time.

I wasn't going by age, more of... experience. Compare and contrast:
Wharton career games - 18
Wilson career games - 209

Andrade career games - 216
Rhead career games - 310

Anderson career games - 103
Green career games - 471

I would love to know quite how you developed your 'experience yardstick' and what exactly you based it on.

Really, Imposter? It will be surely be dull, dull, dull for everyone else, but OK.

I said I was going for 4-1-4-1. So I just picked the best players for that, favouring experience where there may be a selection headache.

So, Wharton gets in as he's (currently) better than Wilson. And with that formation I don't want out-and-out strikers on the wings, which is why it's Andrade not Rhead, Anderson not Green.

But there are a lot of selection permutations, especially in forward positions as we all know, so what does it matter?

If my 18 starters have to be whittled down to 11 (and i was hoping no one in Grimsby could count to 11 let alone 18)..
But 11 starters:

Vickers; Eardley, Shackell, Wharton, Toffolo:
Bostwick, Frecklington, O'Connor;
Anderson, Akinde, Andrade

But McCartan could very easily start instead of O'Connor. And Green instead of Anderson.

Really difficult to leave people out! Pett could equally be a starter, clear MOTM at Vale. Ellis Chapman was excellent too.

Main thing is Cods manager will be equally clueless as to who he will be facing and what formation too ?

But McCartan could very easily start instead of O'Connor.

Main thing is Cods manager will be equally clueless as to who he will be facing and what formation too ?

McCartan is a No.10. O'Connor is a defensive midfielder: surely not competing for the same place?

Cods manager will be clueless because he is clueless.