Grimsby top of one league | Vital Football

Grimsby top of one league

+1.

The deprivation many towns are suffering as a result of Thatcherite policies over the last 30 years is nowt to laugh about.

You're older than you think - it's nearly 40 years.

I'm guessing the good folk of Grimsby voted for Brexit, as well. That isn't going to help much, either.

You're older than you think - it's nearly 40 years.

I'm guessing the good folk of Grimsby voted for Brexit, as well. That isn't going to help much, either.
The EU is founded on the same laissez-faire, neo-liberal capitalist economic policies that Thatcherism is. If you think that the former deigns to throw a few more crumbs down from the table makes it socially progressive then I've a bridge to sell you.

I was at a development conference a few months ago and actually there is a lot of hope for Grimsby in the future! I agree at the moment large tracts of Grimsby are depressing and rundown but the government are pumping in £67 million to kick start a major regeneration and there is real hope that East Marsh which is probably one of the worst areas (in fact I think it comes in the bottom 5 for social deprivation in the country) can be revived. Lots of demolition of empty rundown property has already been done on Thesiger Street and Nelson Street off Freeman Road in preparation work.

While I Iike to take the pee out of county neighbours there really needs to be some investment up there, Lincoln has left Grimsby miles behind.

I think that the council are even trying to get the Cods to build their new ground there but for some reason their board don't seem interested.

A long tme coming but hopefully it will improve the place

Link:-
Greater Grimsby Deal

Another link here

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-landmark-town-deal-for-greater-grimsby

Last edited:
The EU is founded on the same laissez-faire, neo-liberal capitalist economic policies that Thatcherism is. If you think that the former deigns to throw a few more crumbs down from the table makes it socially progressive then I've a bridge to sell you.

I know what the EU is. But if you think any UK government gives a shit about Grimsby either, I have a bridge to sell you as well.

Leaving the EU will make the UK poorer as a whole. Who do you think will bear the brunt of that?

I was at a development conference a few months ago and actually there is a lot of hope for Grimsby in the future! I agree at the moment large tracts of Grimsby are depressing and rundown but the government are pumping in £67 million to kick start a major regeneration and there is real hope that East Marsh which is probably one of the worst areas (in fact I think it comes in the bottom 5 for social deprivation in the country) can be revived. Lots of demolition of empty rundown property has already been done on Thesiger Street and Nelson Street off Freeman Road in preparation work.

While I Iike to take the pee out of county neighbours there really needs to be some investment up there, Lincoln has left Grimsby miles behind.

I think that the council are even trying to get the Cods to build their new ground there but for some reason their board don't seem interested.

A long tme coming but hopefully it will improve the place

Link:-
Greater Grimsby Deal

Another link here

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-landmark-town-deal-for-greater-grimsby

The demolition surely has to include Blundell Park!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46059306

Well the Mariners finally have made it and top a league
Why are you putting this in a football forum? It is :off: OFF TOPIC, and we don't need the clicks of those who will now start some sort of political debate about the underlying causes. If you feel strongly about this issue or alternatively are trying to take the p****, contribute to other forms of media including local television, radio etc who will be covering it in depth!

Why are you putting this in a football forum? It is :off: OFF TOPIC, and we don't need the clicks of those who will now start some sort of political debate about the underlying causes. If you feel strongly about this issue or alternatively are trying to take the p****, contribute to other forms of media including local television, radio etc who will be covering it in depth!

Or don’t read it.

Got u to reply though...

Got you to reply though...

Corrected your post for you :grinning:

Of course you have to put this in perspective, we still live in one of the richest countries in the World! Millions and Millions are truly poverty stricken and starving around the world.

Just look at India millions live in shacks and barely survive but they can afford to spend an estimated £330million on the Worlds tallest statue.

Talk about governments getting their priorities wrong :rolleyes:

1541174560298.png

No offense meant, just thought it interesting that a town so close to us is suffering so much. Not known about by many people. Yes it may be an "off topic" subject, but sometimes posting something like this on a fans forum opens people's eyes a bit, more than just having it on a news site that no one really looks at. How many would even had read the post if I put it under off subject banner?
The title I chose may be inappropriate, but it has got people talking about it. I didn't expect the political side of things to come out, and for that I am sorry.
The fact that it is now highlighted suggests that more will be done to help the area. We as Lincoln fans (where ever we are) are very lucky in that the club and city as a whole is on the way up.
Grimsby isn't, it is MY hope that fans have a little think before they make any comments in the future about our fishy friends that may involve 'slum' suggestions.
Football brings a community together, I was just trying to highlight that some have it worse than others, and my thread title probably should have had more thought about it.
Again please accept apologies for any of fence it has caused, and please feel free to move the thread Mr moderator.

No offense meant, just thought it interesting that a town so close to us is suffering so much. Not known about by many people. Yes it may be an "off topic" subject, but sometimes posting something like this on a fans forum opens people's eyes a bit, more than just having it on a news site that no one really looks at. How many would even had read the post if I put it under off subject banner?
The title I chose may be inappropriate, but it has got people talking about it. I didn't expect the political side of things to come out, and for that I am sorry.
The fact that it is now highlighted suggests that more will be done to help the area. We as Lincoln fans (where ever we are) are very lucky in that the club and city as a whole is on the way up.
Grimsby isn't, it is MY hope that fans have a little think before they make any comments in the future about our fishy friends that may involve 'slum' suggestions.
Football brings a community together, I was just trying to highlight that some have it worse than others, and my thread title probably should have had more thought about it.
Again please accept apologies for any of fence it has caused, and please feel free to move the thread Mr moderator.

No need to apologise and feel the need to explain yourself. You should post what you want because we all see things differently. You can't please everyone all the time.