Grimsby sack Jolley! | Vital Football

Grimsby sack Jolley!

Statement from club
It is with regret that we have parted with Michael today. Everyone at the club felt he was the right person who could emulate the success of our neighbours Lincoln City. It is no coincidence that Nigel Farage was in Grimsby yesterday. He has agreed to take over as team manager after the General Election. We are sure he is the man to take us forward.

Seems a bit fishy. Overall thought he was slowly turning them round. Not pulling up trees, but certainly improving. Interesting to see who they have in mind.

Seem a bit out of the blue. Not in great from but they gave Slade more time than they should have yet seem to have gone the other way this time.

Seems most Cods are against the sacking so must point to something behind the scenes?

Hurst, Buckley & the Cowley's presumably feature in the bookies lists for one of the biggest jobs in football? Steve Evans will soon need a change toi

Statement from club
It is with regret that we have parted with Michael today. Everyone at the club felt he was the right person who could emulate the success of our neighbours Lincoln City. It is no coincidence that Nigel Farage was in Grimsby yesterday. He has agreed to take over as team manager after the General Election. We are sure he is the man to take us forward.
Obviously no thoughts on getting into Europe then!

When City win tomorrow i can just see Fat Boy Evans wobbling into Blunders park proclaiming himself the new Messiah with promise of European football within two seasons as long as they throw £40 million in his direction

Shame really, I was quite content with our delusional neighbours having a nonce in charge with no track record of success or liklihood of achieving anything. Still, Fentys still pulling the strings so every hope his successor will be of equal calibre.

When City win tomorrow i can just see Fat Boy Evans wobbling into Blunders park proclaiming himself the new Messiah with promise of European football within two seasons as long as they throw £40 million in his direction

He'd love it with a MaccyD's outside.

In 2006 he was completely ejected from the ground while at Boston. I remember him saying next time he went he'd make sure he had a fiver for a McDonald's :)
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...gainst-evans-after-grimsby-eviction-1-1409597

He’s arguably had a relatively mid table budget and putting out a mid table side. Looked like they had signed a few that had been round the block a bit too much this season.

The Jolley Revolution has revolved.

The truth is, they are still in the Football League's bottom eight after 18 months in the job, only 6 points clear of bottom place. That isn't very good in anyone's terms.

It was a puzzling appointment, and I said so at the time. Grimsby actually went about the selection process in the right manner, in the sense that they intended to appoint a young up-and-coming manager like Mr Cowley. Incredibly, they came out of the right process with precisely the wrong person: someone with no experience as a manager, very limited contacts and completely unproven above youth level. They dived optimistically into a pool full of salmon and came up clutching a pilchard.

I can't help thinking that they have a more experienced replacement in the pipeline - who is out of a job at the moment?

With Cods propensity for signing our old players seems like a time for Steve Tillson or Chris Sutton to be appointed!!!!

More likely they'll look to someone like Steve Pressley who's just left Carlisle

Just released statement from Jolly:
" This job just got harder and harder.
I was sick of coming to work and finding a couple of druggies sleeping in the doorway to my office and it obviously didn't help that they were part of the coaching staff !!
The amount of shoes I've ruined by treading in dog turds around the ground is another factor why I've got to get out of this place.
But the biggest disappointment I have had is the the fact that my girlfriend has had a lot of abuse because of our performances on the pitch and that has resulted in me having to take her out of her junior school !!!!!!

I guess Tisdale will be mentioned as in the running. Can't see his cravat going down well in Cleethorpes though.

I think to be honest we have been very lucky with our last 2 appointments or actually 3 as Chris moyes didnt do a bad job, While im sure all these guys are good coaches like players they find a level or a club that suits, Its so very fickle