Grimsby Pitch Invasion | Page 2 | Vital Football

Grimsby Pitch Invasion

Can anyone remember the game when Grimsby invaded the pitch at half time and made a charge toward the Railway End.No one got in there as far as I can remember.I think this happened in a League Cup tie back in August 1970. A few weeks later we played them in a Div.4 game and the Police lined up on the half way line during the interval to prevent a repeat occurence !

I have a faint recall that was the match when the bridge collapsed over the Sincil Drain dumping many a cod in to the murky depths.

There was a good photo in the Chronical of the Grimsby "Bovver Boys" charging across the pitch. I think the police dog chased them back.

Wasn't that a late Murphy era early or pre season game? Something along the lines of getting everyone on the pitch for an attempt at the most people doing Agadoo. As soon as the music started everyone started scrapping on the pitch and Cwish trying to calm it down over the tannoy.

I thought the world Agadooing contest attempt was in the F A Cup when we played Billingham Symphonia?

We played Sheffield United in the FA Cup in the 1963/64 season with over 18,000 there.

I tend to think it was around that time the bridge collapsed but can't find any details at the moment.