Green Manalishi | Vital Football

Green Manalishi

Agree absolutely. One of the greatest ever blues guitarists, but unfortunately went to a night club while on tour with Fleetwood Mac and the Germans got him hooked on heroine. He then descended into a downward spiral of drugs and mental problems.
When Eric Clapton left John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, everyone in the music world said Mayall could never replace him. He took on Green and a month later said that not only had he replaced Clapton, he'd found someone better than him, to which Clapton himself agreed.
The great BB King said Green was the only guitarist who sent shivers down his spine.
R.I. P. Peter, a true legend.

Agree absolutely. One of the greatest ever blues guitarists, but unfortunately went to a night club while on tour with Fleetwood Mac and the Germans got him hooked on heroine. He then descended into a downward spiral of drugs and mental problems.

The official story is that Peter Green took a very strong dose of LSD at a party at the Highfisch commune in Munich, an incident cited by Fleetwood Mac's manager as the crucial point in his mental decline. (Rainer Langhans ,in his autobiography, mentions that he and Uschi Obermaier met PeterGreen & invited him to their commune).

Jeremy Spencer is still putting out nice music (and is still weird, I gather). Don’t know what happened to the drummer and base player.

Haha, yes I did hear a rumour that they were both multi millionaires living in L A.
Poor old Peter Green, gave all his wealth away on a whim, and at one stage had jobs as a grave digger and petrol pump attendant.....sacrilege for such a genius!!