Greedy big PL bastards at it again | Page 6 | Vital Football

Greedy big PL bastards at it again

They absolutely do need fans for their money; they need them now and will need them even more so when Covid is over.

The whole shooting match is funded by Sky and BT - The PL and the CL are just as dependent on TV subscribers as a junkie is dependent on his scag.

The very people who complain about PL greed are the ones who fund it, but are too fucking selfish to do anything about it.

They know damn well that if, by some freak of nature, we make it to the promised land, they will want to get their greedy noses in the trough, and it will then be "fuck everyone else" because we are doing alright.

And all of this faux outrage will disappear over night.

I was really aiming at the PL, they certainly dont need gate receipts, tv money and sponsorship is what floats them, as you pointed out.

Maybe because i have watched us when we were good that i can say hand on heart i enjoy watching us at least having a go in the championship than being make weights in the PL. I support forest because i am from Nottingham.

Remember speaking with man shitty fans after our epic FA cup victory- they enjoyed the millions being chucked around but grieved over being turned into a plastic club. After the first trophy i reckon i would feel the same.

In totally unrelated news:

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...estigate-var-decisions-during-draw-at-everton

While I don’t disagree that Pickford should be punished or that the offside was questionable it’s typical of Liverpool to be the ‘woe is me’ kings.

I just hope Henderson is charged for suggesting the refs have cheated to deny them a goal.

Klopp trying to become the new Ferguson by intimidating referees.

I actually really like Klopp, but this sort of behaviour is unacceptable.

Last edited:
It was inevitable that the first team to try and get decisions changed or overturned would be Liverpool. They just can’t help themselves.

Personally, I would love to see the Rich Six break away and have their on little league which everyone else can then ignore and have really competitive football again throughout the leagues. The Rich Six could be like the Harlem Globetrotters...

Hopefully as relevant and wealthy as the Harlem Globetrotters as well.

Personally, I would love to see the Rich Six break away and have their on little league which everyone else can then ignore and have really competitive football again throughout the leagues. The Rich Six could be like the Harlem Globetrotters...

Yes, but it would be taking place with far, far less money.

When the top 6 do go they will take all of the TV money with them; the lack of money washing around the system will make Academy's unaffordable for most Clubs, so another life blood will disappear.

L1 and L2 will almost certainly have to go part time.

Its a pretty dystopian future in store.

Yes, but it would be taking place with far, far less money.

When the top 6 do go they will take all of the TV money with them; the lack of money washing around the system will make Academy's unaffordable for most Clubs, so another life blood will disappear.

L1 and L2 will almost certainly have to go part time.

Its a pretty dystopian future in store.

That's what's happening in pretty much every country in pretty much every industry though.

The big corporations are relentless and will not rest until everyone else is completely fucked in to dust.

That's what's happening in pretty much every country in pretty much every industry though.

The big corporations are relentless and will not rest until everyone else is completely fucked in to dust.

I'm not sure it is.

The powers that be in the USA are currently looking at ways to break up the FANG monopolies, just like they did with Standard Oil all those years back.

I'm not sure it is.

The powers that be in the USA are currently looking at ways to break up the FANG monopolies, just like they did with Standard Oil all those years back.

Whilst there may be hard regulation on monopolistic industries, that doesn't seem to stop the bigger boys eating up space for smaller businesses.

This seems to have been exacerbated by COVID.

And here we go again with the greedy bastards hoping to line their pockets. A European super league backed by FIFA no less. I wonder why...?

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...er-united-in-talks-for-fifa-backed-tournament

Exactly

Just after a power grab reversal, this comes out.

And who will fund this Super Duper League?

Sky and BT will do their bit with the French and German and Spanish TV companies doing similar, and before you know it all of the big Clubs will be awash with billions and billions of the folding stuff.

Its about time all genuine football supporters take a leaf out of the Geordie play book and cancel their subscriptions; lets see how much panic sets in once their revenues start to drop; advertising revenues are directly linked to viewing figures so they will drop too.

The problem with too many supporters is that they are too fucking smug and complacent, until something happens to their Club and then its too late.

Exactly

Just after a power grab reversal, this comes out.

And who will fund this Super Duper League?

Sky and BT will do their bit with the French and German and Spanish TV companies doing similar, and before you know it all of the big Clubs will be awash with billions and billions of the folding stuff.

Its about time all genuine football supporters take a leaf out of the Geordie play book and cancel their subscriptions; lets see how much panic sets in once their revenues start to drop; advertising revenues are directly linked to viewing figures so they will drop too.

The problem with too many supporters is that they are too fucking smug and complacent, until something happens to their Club and then its too late.

Unfortunately there are far too many plastic fans of the big clubs - this will just increase revenue further.

Myself - I also enjoy watching Premiership football & champions league football - as long as it doesn't clash with a Forest match.

Maybe - I am being knieve ( i know mis-spelled) - but this has been on the cards for years. Let them go and play in a European Premier League - as long as they resign from the EPL.
I really am not sure how it will effect us