Greedy big PL bastards at it again | Page 5 | Vital Football

Greedy big PL bastards at it again

Many aspects of this are worth looking into. More money going to the lower leagues, scrapping parachute payments (read that was mentioned somewhere) etc. The problem is the timing. The big six know that many clubs are getting desperate for survival, and unless the government steps in, a lot of them will be forced to accept anything for the money.

Ironically it may well be the PL clubs who save them from the big six demands, and the reduction in size of the PL, which I certainly don't agree with. There are 20 clubs in the PL. I guess at least a dozen of them know they may well be in with a chance of relegation in the next few years. Remember when Bolton wanted a ring-fenced Premier League. Look where they are now.

Ironically it may well be the PL clubs who save them from the big six demands, and the reduction in size of the PL, which I certainly don't agree with. There are 20 clubs in the PL. I guess at least a dozen of them know they may well be in with a chance of relegation in the next few years. Remember when Bolton wanted a ring-fenced Premier League. Look where they are now.

Still in Bolton?

They do not say too much reading what has been written, other than it is a starting point.

If what has been leaked is an opening gambit, we need to be looking at what will be acceptable to the top 6.

What is the one thing that the top 6 need out of all this?

I would guess that it is the reduction in league size from 20 to 18; yet they are pointing everyone in the wrong direction by dressing it up as a power grab.

What if the other 14 Clubs come back and accept the reduction in League size but demand the one Club one vote?

They could agree and still have what they wanted all along with minimum pain - the £250m per year more or less pays for itself, and everyone in the lower Leagues has bread on the table.

They do not say too much reading what has been written, other than it is a starting point.

If what has been leaked is an opening gambit, we need to be looking at what will be acceptable to the top 6.

What is the one thing that the top 6 need out of all this?

I would guess that it is the reduction in league size from 20 to 18; yet they are pointing everyone in the wrong direction by dressing it up as a power grab.

What if the other 14 Clubs come back and accept the reduction in League size but demand the one Club one vote?

They could agree and still have what they wanted all along with minimum pain - the £250m per year more or less pays for itself, and everyone in the lower Leagues has bread on the table.
I disagree.

I think the 18 clubs is what they will be willing to compromise on to get the voting structure. They also know the voting structure is one thing most of the EFL won't give a shit about.

The cut in PL size negatively affects a large number of PL and SBC clubs for only marginal gain for the big six. That is what they will sacrifice on the negotiating table; possibly in exchange for "informal" B team arrangements in the EFL.

Can't see 14 PL clubs voting for it in its present form. There seems to be absolutely nothing in it for the other 11 clubs. The reduction in PL size is a genuine threat to at least 13 of the clubs, including three of the 9 "elite"; the likes Leicester and Wolves won't be too arrogant as to assume they are immune to finishing 16th one season either.

The loss of parachute payments will also be a concern. I haven't seen what exactly they get replaced with; a slightly bigger deal for all SBC clubs hardly makes up for the disparity in income and wage commitments.

All VPN's log, don't believe otherwise. They have all shown they're susceptible to pressure from LEA also.

If you want to be secure then a proxy chain or TOR is a better way to go.

Though for streaming football it's not super important.

I have heard that TOR is very good, though I am sure I access totally different sites to those which you frequent.

lol

I disagree.

I think the 18 clubs is what they will be willing to compromise on to get the voting structure. They also know the voting structure is one thing most of the EFL won't give a shit about.

The cut in PL size negatively affects a large number of PL and SBC clubs for only marginal gain for the big six. That is what they will sacrifice on the negotiating table; possibly in exchange for "informal" B team arrangements in the EFL.

Can't see 14 PL clubs voting for it in its present form. There seems to be absolutely nothing in it for the other 11 clubs. The reduction in PL size is a genuine threat to at least 13 of the clubs, including three of the 9 "elite"; the likes Leicester and Wolves won't be too arrogant as to assume they are immune to finishing 16th one season either.

The loss of parachute payments will also be a concern. I haven't seen what exactly they get replaced with; a slightly bigger deal for all SBC clubs hardly makes up for the disparity in income and wage commitments.

In terms of voting, the EFL are totally irrelevant in all of this; the only Clubs who matter are the ones needed to get the 75% of the vote required.

The power grab is a distraction designed to frighten; and that is exactly what it is doing - these Clubs have all the power they need, they are merely paying lip service to the rest.

The reduction is what the big boys want to clear the way for an enlarged and more lucrative CL.

In terms of voting, the EFL are totally irrelevant in all of this; the only Clubs who matter are the ones needed to get the 75% of the vote required.

The power grab is a distraction designed to frighten; and that is exactly what it is doing - these Clubs have all the power they need, they are merely paying lip service to the rest.

The reduction is what the big boys want to clear the way for an enlarged and more lucrative CL.
Perhaps you understand the voting structure differently to me

Why do they even need to gain EFL votes at all for this?

It's a PL issue. Surely it's just the standard 14 club agreement, which they have little chance of getting

Perhaps you understand the voting structure differently to me

Why do they even need to gain EFL votes at all for this?

It's a PL issue. Surely it's just the standard 14 club agreement, which they have little chance of getting

That is what I meant, the only Clubs who matter in this are the PL Clubs, and the ones with the power at the moment are the 14; the EFL will accept whatever is on offer at the end of the day.

The threat of Clubs going under will put immense pressure on the 14 to accept a deal; once the ugly power grab aspect has been removed, Turkey's will be railroaded into voting for Christmas

This will be sorted within a week; an 18 Club PL with one Club one vote is my prediction.

That is what I meant, the only Clubs who matter in this are the PL Clubs, and the ones with the power at the moment are the 14; the EFL will accept whatever is on offer at the end of the day.

The threat of Clubs going under will put immense pressure on the 14 to accept a deal; once the ugly power grab aspect has been removed, Turkey's will be railroaded into voting for Christmas

This will be sorted within a week; an 18 Club PL with one Club one vote is my prediction.
I just don't see it.

13 clubs all lose out by a reduced PL and all potentially face oblivion depending on what replaces parachute payments. They all know that eventually what came up must go down.

I just don't see it.

13 clubs all lose out by a reduced PL and all potentially face oblivion depending on what replaces parachute payments. They all know that eventually what came up must go down.

2 Clubs will lose considerably.

The others will have 4 less games a season 2 of which will be money spinning home games.

A couple of pre season friendlies in China or Thailand will compensate for that; they will make the money up one way or another.

I would imagine that there will be a few short term sweeteners thrown in for the ones who lose out.

Of those 14 PL Clubs, not one will give a fuck about the knock on consequences down the leagues.

2 Clubs will lose considerably.

The others will have 4 less games a season 2 of which will be money spinning home games.

A couple of pre season friendlies in China or Thailand will compensate for that; they will make the money up one way or another.

I would imagine that there will be a few short term sweeteners thrown in for the ones who lose out.

Of those 14 PL Clubs, not one will give a fuck about the knock on consequences down the leagues.
Expect the league cup to either go or be radically altered. Teams in Europe either not competing or coming in at the very late stages.