Greedy big PL bastards at it again | Page 7 | Vital Football

Greedy big PL bastards at it again

Unfortunately there are far too many plastic fans of the big clubs - this will just increase revenue further.

Myself - I also enjoy watching Premiership football & champions league football - as long as it doesn't clash with a Forest match.

Maybe - I am being knieve ( i know mis-spelled) - but this has been on the cards for years. Let them go and play in a European Premier League - as long as they resign from the EPL.
I really am not sure how it will effect us

I think you're right, real football fans can wail as much as they like but the plastics now dominate the landscape.

I think you're right, real football fans can wail as much as they like but the plastics now dominate the landscape.

I'm not so sure if that is necessarily the case in the UK. It certainly is to a degree, but I think there are still more real fans in the UK than plastics.

The real question is what percentage of the viewing figures or advertising revenue are from the UK?

I would suspect less than a quarter and I expect that these UK based figures are dropping a couple of percent each year to largely non-European based viewers and advertising.

A large part of this will be to developing economies like Asia, Africa, Latin America, Caribbean etc.

There's not an awful lot to do in those places for entertainment. particularly outside of the largest urban centres, and the weekend tends to revolve around sitting in a bar with mates or even guys on their on rocking up at a bar to get away from the wife/ family to watch the PL.

I'd be happy to see the school yard bullies go off and play elsewhere to be honest. I think the domestic leagues would be a much better place in terms of sporting competition and relative parity between clubs, certainly compared to the gulf we have now. Obviously the financial impacts would be pretty massive and I've no clue how it would effect the domestic leagues. You'd think pretty badly.

I can’t imagine the majority of fans will want this and long term that will not be good for the ‘big clubs’.

Novelty might keep it going for a short while but certainly here there just isn’t the appetite for European football that there is for the domestic game so revenue from advertising could end up being very short lived.

It would be hilarious if teams had to come back cap in hand to the leagues only to be told to start in the conference. If only...

Exactly

Just after a power grab reversal, this comes out.

And who will fund this Super Duper League?

Sky and BT will do their bit with the French and German and Spanish TV companies doing similar, and before you know it all of the big Clubs will be awash with billions and billions of the folding stuff.

Its about time all genuine football supporters take a leaf out of the Geordie play book and cancel their subscriptions; lets see how much panic sets in once their revenues start to drop; advertising revenues are directly linked to viewing figures so they will drop too.

The problem with too many supporters is that they are too fucking smug and complacent, until something happens to their Club and then its too late.

Yup am seriously considering cancelling my sky.

Imo they cannot win, even tho they think they can and even tho they have gazillions.

The reason for this is quite simple, they do not own football, football is bigger, even than them.

Football works with a pyramid. Take that away and it becomes stale and boring. Lets not forget efl is the 4th most watched leage in europe. Let them break away, the rest of us will form new competitions- more interesting as it will be more of a level playing field.

Lets call their bluff, fook off and take the plastic fans with u

I'm not so sure if that is necessarily the case in the UK. It certainly is to a degree, but I think there are still more real fans in the UK than plastics.

The real question is what percentage of the viewing figures or advertising revenue are from the UK?

I would suspect less than a quarter and I expect that these UK based figures are dropping a couple of percent each year to largely non-European based viewers and advertising.

A large part of this will be to developing economies like Asia, Africa, Latin America, Caribbean etc.

There's not an awful lot to do in those places for entertainment. particularly outside of the largest urban centres, and the weekend tends to revolve around sitting in a bar with mates or even guys on their on rocking up at a bar to get away from the wife/ family to watch the PL.

Talk about cultural appropriation!

I think we will get the worst case scenarios. The big clubs are too greedy to want to miss out on the Premier League money so they will just boost out their squads and hope to dominate both competitions.

For my money tell them that they can have one or the other, not both and then we may get a Premier League that’s as competitive and entertaining as the Championship.