Great Rochdale result.. | Vital Football

Great Rochdale result..

cornypomp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Well.. I'm in France and finally have internet, but it looks like I'm too late.. the forum room is empty now. Silly I know, but it makes me feel quite sad..

Anyway, despite the 'very' slow start to this season, and calls for the managers Kenny Jacket's head, things seem to be slowly picking up a little positive momentum, and consistency. Three wins and two draws is definitely not to be sniffed at.

Rochdale are a good team, and sitting in 4th position in the table on 30 points, while we're 10th on 27 but with a game in hand. Now I'm back on the net, I'm most definitely going to be concentrating on the Peterborough game on the 7th December. Who knows.. the play-off places are starting to look a real possibility.

PUP.. PPU.. :clap::thumbup:

Nice to hear from you Corny!
Maybe France is getting to you as it was Rotherham we beat.
They still have yet to get going but when Jack returns and others fire it can only get better.

Ha ha.. you've got me there 'dedmans'.. I'm losing the plot. I know why I slipped up though. A good friend of mine has been visiting family in Rochdale, and for some reason Rochdale has been on the tip of my tongue for days. Put it down to old age.

Getting back to the football. I do feel somewhat estranged from Pompey these days. Because of the pattern my life has followed over the last few years, Pompey FC has definitely been put on the back burner, whereas at one time it was a major part of my life. That included lots of expensive travel from South West England to Fratton Park, and considerable time on this forum.

However, things you've been brought up with never really go away. They are always waiting in the wings to re-emerge. Fratton Park and the Chimes are in my blood, so it never takes long to get back into the interest. As I said in my original post, I do feel we have started to turn the season around somewhat, and who knows where we'll be be in the New Year. Personally I think we need another season in League 1 to really solidify both the team and the finances. We aren't there yet with either of those requirements in my opinion..

You may be right but when players show their quality they want to leave Division 1 and go. We need promotion to achieve team stability but if we are good enough to survive in a higher league, that is another matter.

Agreed 'dedmans .. I'm just rather old fashioned in my thinking re teams staying together if promotion isn't achieved. I may be looking back through rose coloured glasses, but I don't remember this constant threat of losing your best players if promotion wasn't achieved in years gone by. For me, this is something that seems to be newsworthy over the past twenty years, and more so over the last ten. Any sort of club loyalty seems to have vanished. Again though, just my take on it..