Great FAT Loss Thread | Page 164 | Vital Football

Great FAT Loss Thread

I weighed in today, just ending my 14th week of training, and the DTU (now doing my own version with the food I already had) system and have got my visceral fat to 9% and bodyfat 14.9% . Under 15% was my aim on the plan by week 12, but I had 2 weeks not training due to the virus.

That's a bloody impressive body fat percentage. Well done.
How are you measuring your body fat? I have some supposedly body fat percentage scales that are about as reliable as the Chinese covid19 figures. One day they tell me I'm 15% the next I'm 20%. Pathetic. I think I'm about 17 ish.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-BF508-Composition-Monitor-Bathroom/dp/B0033AGBVG

There are newer models that might have some more fancy doo dahs to them, but the price of these is very good and as far as I can see, does what is needed and fairly reliably

One bit of advice, don't go obsessing by testing each day mate. Your body sometimes holds more fluid than others, same as weight, these things fluctuate.

I use those scales, but also can see visible differences, and also have a pair of jeans that were so incredibly nowhere near fitting in Jan that now fit (think the picture is in the DTU thread I started). That visible sort of aid I think is as good as, if not better, than numbers, because you have something tangible.

If you are stalling at the moment, they just try to maintain for a week or two, it is a strange time anyway and you might not have the equipment you would like to have for training. If you do, try the big compound moves as that stokes the fat loss fires and then whatever cardio you can do.

I'm sure it will be within this thread, the suggestions I've made before, go up and down your stairs each time you pass them, (and in normal times when out) park the furthest you can at the supermarket, carry bags not have them in a trolley (when possible, difficult if kids are with you I realise) use stairs not lifts/escalators... etc etc etc.

I'm down from 27% bodyfat in Jan, after a very stop-start 2 years due to the brain aches.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-BF508-Composition-Monitor-Bathroom/dp/B0033AGBVG

There are newer models that might have some more fancy doo dahs to them, but the price of these is very good and as far as I can see, does what is needed and fairly reliably

One bit of advice, don't go obsessing by testing each day mate. Your body sometimes holds more fluid than others, same as weight, these things fluctuate.

I use those scales, but also can see visible differences, and also have a pair of jeans that were so incredibly nowhere near fitting in Jan that now fit (think the picture is in the DTU thread I started). That visible sort of aid I think is as good as, if not better, than numbers, because you have something tangible.

If you are stalling at the moment, they just try to maintain for a week or two, it is a strange time anyway and you might not have the equipment you would like to have for training. If you do, try the big compound moves as that stokes the fat loss fires and then whatever cardio you can do.

I'm sure it will be within this thread, the suggestions I've made before, go up and down your stairs each time you pass them, (and in normal times when out) park the furthest you can at the supermarket, carry bags not have them in a trolley (when possible, difficult if kids are with you I realise) use stairs not lifts/escalators... etc etc etc.

I'm down from 27% bodyfat in Jan, after a very stop-start 2 years due to the brain aches.
Thanks for this. Will give those scales a go. Mine are a bit passed their sell by date now. 27% to under 15%... that's crazy and brilliant. Massive achievement.