Great FAT Loss Thread | Page 161 | Vital Football

Great FAT Loss Thread

Bikini Inspector - 6/9/2016 16:48

When we talk about calories we are talking about "kcals" as it's printed on food labels right? I'm pretty sure I've got this right.

You have

Also is it dangerous to carry on with my 1000 net calorie a day diet long term? My weight is where I want it to be now but I've gotten so used to eating low calories my recommended 2000 a day would feel like pigging out. Don't want to put the weight back on.

And that's a potential problem, how long have you been on 1000 a day?

Restricted cal diets should always be broken up by higher cal days, even surpassing the recommended levels

The body gets used to surviving on the lower intake and when you return to normal input, you get fat again!

Then we have the problem that if you have restricted intake too much, your body goes into survival mode and holds onto the fat for emergencies while burning your muscle mass for fuel, this in turn, lowers your metabolic rate making it harder to burn fat.

Let me know your age, height, weight and we'll start to reverse the damage, hopefully you haven't done too much!

I've been doing it for about 6 months now and have lost 2 and a half stone . I think I have started to lose muscule because my body is starting to get a weak aged look about it which I don't like. Any advice regarding calorie intake would be most welcome thanks!

Height : 6 ft 2

Weight: 12 stone 9lbs

You doing any exercise Bikini?

Sounds like you've starved yourself. How have you survived on that low a cal intake dude, what you been eating?

Over to Juan for the expertise!

Been doing 30-40 minutes of cardio a day most of the time on an exercise bike but 2 days out of the week jogging. Been eating a breakfast of 3 weetabix and a banana which comes to around 300-350 kcal. Lunch has been 2 eggs and one piece of toast coming in at around 300-350 kcal or a chicken salad. Then for dinner I'll try to have a meal of 400-500 calories with a good bit of protein in it then that's it for the day. Come to think of it with my cardio I've probably been on less than 1000 calories a day. Thing is I just don't feel that bad when I'm busy at work. Evenings are a bit of a struggle but I can get through to breakfast quite easily with some discipline which is why I asked the question about the calories. If I ate 2000 a day it would feel mad.

It's funny how we are all different with different needs. 2000 cals a day is the low day, but my training requirements and fuelling are different.

1000 cals for me would be a fasting day! lol

You not having any rest days?

Mate, 2 1/2 stone is brilliant, hope you are feeling better for that, more energy etc.

Now let Juan guide you to make all this permanent and so it's sustainable long term.

Cardio every day and just 1000 cals isn't sustainable long term that's for sure.

Even still, 2.5 stone, fantastic dude, really pleased for you. :1:

Costs a bomb in new clothes doesn't it!? lol

Yeah I don't really train that hard my cardio is done at a very moderate pace. I am pleased with the weight loss never thought I'd see 12 stone on the scales ever again haha. Feel much better, was almost 15 stone had the double chin man boobs and everything now thankfully that's a thing of the past.

Now I need to up my calories a bit but keep the weight off because as you say it's not really sustainable long term. I had more calories yesterday and I have to admit I felt way better for it in the evening as I didn't feel drained or hungry like I usually do. I do expect to put on a few pounds but as long as I can keep it under 13 stone I'll be happy. The clothes thing is annoying though none of my jeans fit me now lol.

Not real need to put on any more weight unless you're adding some muscle (more about the fat % really) if you get the training and diet balance right.

Buy new jeans or a stronger belt... that's my professional advice! lol

Bikini Inspector - 7/9/2016 12:37

I've been doing it for about 6 months now and have lost 2 and a half stone . I think I have started to lose muscule because my body is starting to get a weak aged look about it which I don't like. Any advice regarding calorie intake would be most welcome thanks!

6 months has caused damage, you have lost muscle

Busy right now, but hopefully I'll be able to put something together for you over this weekend

Please tell me that you are willing to weight train? It will help no end

Anyone who only does cardio isn't even doing half of what's necessary, the body needs more

You can turn this around

Not drunk alcohol in 12 days.

Restricted myself to 1,750 calories a day for last 7 days.

Been doing Steff's tip above about 30 secs high knee running and 3 mins jogging x 3 every morning for the past few days.

Put on 2lb

:23:

All about fat loss not necessarily weight loss though, bodies are funny things, keep on going and all of a sudden things click sometimes.

Up and down your road a few times a day on top of the HITT steff says should stoke the fire also.

Juan Mourep - 10/9/2016 18:19

Bikini Inspector - 7/9/2016 12:37

6 months has caused damage, you have lost muscle

Busy right now, but hopefully I'll be able to put something together for you over this weekend

Please tell me that you are willing to weight train? It will help no end

Anyone who only does cardio isn't even doing half of what's necessary, the body needs more

You can turn this around

Yes mate I was thinking about weights during the week. I have gone back to my low calorie diet(addictive) and lost another 5 pounds this week. Now at 12 stone 3 and expecting to see abs but they aren't showing through. Doing 60 - 100 crunches and pushups everyday my triceps and shoulders are taking a bit of shape but nothing else. So yes I have dumbells ready to go. My face has really leaned out which is good but I expected to be more in shape at this weight.

Don't spend too much time on me. I am an ectomorph and only need a little bit of training at this weight now and I can see myself looking okay. Any advice gladly taken on board here :35:

Bikini Inspector - 17/9/2016 22:32

Don't spend too much time on me.

You are worth as much time as anyone else, please do not underestimate the task ahead, you've already admitted it's an addiction and I apologise for my tardiness, I've been a bit busy : )

To start recovery I want you to exceed your current cal intake by at least 250 cals every third day for 9 days, after this you increase your current baseline by 100 cals for 9 days and every third day you again have an extra 250 cals for those 9 days, after this increase by 100 cals for 9 days and repeat the 250 and so on, keep an eye on you body fat and let me know what's happening

During this period carry on with your cardio, but please switch to the hiit fat burner of 30 seconds flat out followed by 3 mins at 50% of the max output and repeat for at least 20 mins

Add weight training 3 times per week, no more than that, we don't want to be burning more muscle mass

Please run your sessions in this order, back, chest, arms, shoulders, legs, as you can see you don't hit the whole body in one week, your muscle grows in the rest periods, you need to run a 3 sets of 12 reps cycle, which means that with each exercise you are heading to a weight that you can just manage to do 12 reps on the first set, the weight stays the same for the following 2 sets, aim for 12 reps on the second set, if you can do that with strict form you need to increase the weight next time, if you can reach 12 on the third set give yourself a slap for being lazy : ) rest periods are 30 seconds between sets and 1 min between exercises

You NEED to have a protein shake within 45 mins of finishing your weights session, ignore labels, take between 22g and 25g, this will help repair and rebuild your muscle, I recommend bulkpowders, ask Fear and he will give you a discount code : ) I repeat, this is a need

I don't know what equipment is available to you, so give me some idea and I'll point out the best exercises for you, I'll give you something else to get addicted to : )

Any questions, feel free to PM if you need to

It's time to start a new journey

romanianvillan - 2/9/2016 06:54

I did actually start jogging again in the mornings, but shin splints reared their ugly head and put a stop to it.

I recommend gel inserts in your trainers and run on soft ground, do not run on the road or pavement, after a couple of months running on soft ground you can start to gradually add some road work, your shins should be adapting to the impact stress by then : )

DeanoVilla - 12/9/2016 09:54

Put on 2lb

Of what? : ) my educated guess would be muscle and the associated fluid, you are activating more muscle, this requires feeding, so the body holds more fluid

Stick at it deano, your body will thank you, your partner will thank you, Buddy will thank you

27 days without a drink

22 days on the 1,750 calorie diet (only gone over that once in that time and even then was still only around 2,000)

5lb loss... and it's been slow and steady, around 1.5lbs per week (after the initial jump, which I think may have been down to a dodgy battery on the scales) lol

13lb more to lose in 26 weeks is my target now, so half a pound per week.

Easy.

Sasquatch - 30/9/2016 01:47

Eat healthy food and do exercise, it's not rocket science.

You trying to do me out of a job? :17:

The trick is knowing what and how much is healthy

As for exercise, you can work your butt off and get nowhere fast or you can know what you are doing and spend less time getting there

In life, you have to learn to accomplish, you are taught how to behave, how to read, to do maths, to cook, to drive, why do people think that they don't need to learn to exercise?

I have frequented many gyms over my life and I will state as fact that 95% of people haven't got a clue what they are doing, some of those were instructors! :81: