Grand Theft Auto 5 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Grand Theft Auto 5

I reckon men that don't play video games are just completely under the thumb and don't have time to, and are so jealous of us that do that they moan like little babies. ;-)

Lol, amazing how times have changed. I used to play sega and also had Colin McRae on the computer but the new generation of games have left me behind.

I see my nephews and have bought a good few for him, they look fantastic graphics etc wide but I just can't be bothered. Part of that is time and energy.

Certainly seems to have grown from something 'kids' did to all generations, was reading about the next planned play station and it appears to be light years ahead of the first couple.

In conclusion...

Grow up!!!! :17:

Nah, enjoy folks!!

I love a go on my PS3 now and then, I only play FIFA though, something I can pick up and out down easily.

I can't get over the hype from adults for this game, it's ridiculous

The Fear - 17/9/2013 22:11

Lol, amazing how times have changed. I used to play sega and also had Colin McRae on the computer but the new generation of games have left me behind.

I see my nephews and have bought a good few for him, they look fantastic graphics etc wide but I just can't be bothered. Part of that is time and energy.

Certainly seems to have grown from something 'kids' did to all generations, was reading about the next planned play station and it appears to be light years ahead of the first couple.

In conclusion...

Grow up!!!! :17:

Nah, enjoy folks!!

I loved Sega and who can forget Sonic Miles and Robonick! My days of them long gone helping the youngsters with it.

Bore the heck of me do these games. No interest and T.G Mr K hasn't either.

Now my sons and future son in law. Well that ain't my problem. It's there loving partners thank goodness

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-09-17/man-mugged-after-buying-copy-of-grand-theft-auto/

I doubt this was just about the game as presented, but it's something that certainly seems to happen at launches like these.

Just don't get it, and no, the irony hasn't been lost on me.

Where do you expect the hype to come from Prep, it's an 18 certificate.

I reckon men who don't play video games are the same men who's wife's won't let them subscribe to Sky Sports, won't let them out drinking with friends during the week, and basically won't let them have fun and insist on them being 'responsible and boring husbands'.

Sod that for a game of darts.

Why 'grow up' if you enjoy things? I'm in a happy relationship, but if I wanna drink beer, scratch my arse and kill bad guys on a TV screen then hell I'm gonna do it. It's a good release and a break from reality, in exactly the same was as watching a good film, only with a game you are more involved.

I much prefer some form of exercise over playing brain scrambling video games.

It makes me laugh when you walk past the game store and look at some of people shopping there.

To summarise. I don't like them.

And Deano you are wrong.

As wrong as the people who criticise adults for playing video games?

Probably.

At the end of the day we all have our own idea of fun.

They reckon that the games are very good for reaction time etc. I worry about the kids that spend hours on that and don't get out but that is down to parents.

Live and let live I reckon. Mainly for me not playing things is the brain doo dah, I get too tired but I do prefer, having been on the computer all day, to do weights / tv as my relaxation.

Massive industry this gaming now that's for sure, it isn't a flash in the pan.

Very massive.

This game had a bigger budget than most hollywood movies and will rake in over £500million in it's first week of sales, more than any opening week of a film.

Video games aren't just for kids or geeks anymore, end of.

Popularity is no sign of quality - One Direction are raking in money hand over fist. Maybe there are just more geeks out there? I always feel your life must be missing something to be into video games - it's really no different to those people who go off to the woods and dress up as elves and orcs to do battle. Except those geeks are more sociable.

From a Sky Sports subscribing, married man who is meeting his mate for a pint tonight. :89:

Cant wait to start playing this. My pre-order copy arrived yesterday. Unfortuantley I spent 3 hours last night waiting for the AA as I'd snapped my keys in the ignition of my car....

Would this be a good place to auction off my old shoe box full of miniature cowboys and indians ?

DeanoVilla - 18/9/2013 10:01

Where do you expect the hype to come from Prep, it's an 18 certificate.

I reckon men who don't play video games are the same men who's wife's won't let them subscribe to Sky Sports, won't let them out drinking with friends during the week, and basically won't let them have fun and insist on them being 'responsible and boring husbands'.

Sod that for a game of darts.

Why 'grow up' if you enjoy things? I'm in a happy relationship, but if I wanna drink beer, scratch my arse and kill bad guys on a TV screen then hell I'm gonna do it. It's a good release and a break from reality, in exactly the same was as watching a good film, only with a game you are more involved.

Most of the hype is coming from the kids that will spend hours playing this, 18 or not they will get their hands on it

I have no issue wil adults playing cpmputer games, I play my PS3 and I have ordered the PS4, I just wouldnt queue up for a midnight release of a game or call in sick/book holiday to play on it. Thats the bit thats shocked me.

Yeah but you get fanatics in everything. It's the equivilant of the full kit ****** who queues up outside the club shop when the new Villa kit it released.

I'm sure there is a vast proportion of society who would label us lot 'sad' and tell us to 'grow up' coz we spend a hell of a lot of time and a hell of a mlot of money watching 22 primma donna footballers kicking a bag of air round a football pitch when we could be doing more worthwhile mature things.

People like different things. Other people should get over it.