Grabben/Brereton | Page 8 | Vital Football

Grabben/Brereton

We signed a left back in Robinson personally would like to see him given a go in a league match at left back. That's not hating on Osborn before some of the premature ejaculators on here start losing their shit with hysterics. Posters on here defiantly defended mediorce players like tesche, vellios, Cox, gillet the list is endless really at the time they were playing so some people will just blindly defend players for the sake of it .

If Osborn is good enough for midfield let him compete for a place there. I don't think he is a long term solution at left back .

once again i reckon it useful to point out context- older trickies have seen true quality as judged by actually winning stuff. Compared to those days everything is shit. my memory aint the best but sure gillet and cox were L1 days or close.

That's why analysis is a balance imo- the ratings zed gives should be taken in the context of the team at the time. The 'criticism' of osborne at LB should be seen in the same way imo- i.e. as part of the attempt to raise the bar rather than bitching for the sake of it.

I think he will continue to act as cover for LB but fully expect him to take a place in midfield as he is that good.

once again i reckon it useful to point out context- older trickies have seen true quality as judged by actually winning stuff. Compared to those days everything is shit. my memory aint the best but sure gillet and cox were L1 days or close.

That's why analysis is a balance imo- the ratings zed gives should be taken in the context of the team at the time. The 'criticism' of osborne at LB should be seen in the same way imo- i.e. as part of the attempt to raise the bar rather than bitching for the sake of it.

I think he will continue to act as cover for LB but fully expect him to take a place in midfield as he is that good.

Good post.

But Cox and Gillette were actually a good Championship season. We finished 7th (I think) the season we had them.

If you want to see a League One side, see below:

Nottm Forest: Pedersen, Eaden (Friio 80), Curtis, Breckin, Cullip (Morgan 71), Southall, Holt, Gardner, Commons, Taylor (Johnson 67), Dobie.
Subs Not Used: Gerrard, Padula.

This was the team that lost our second ever away game in League One- a 2-1 loss at Swindon Town, who even on that day are still the worst side I have ever seen Forest play.

Anyone who paid for the cheap uncovered seats will remember that game well...

That would be me, decided to save myself a fiver because there was no chance it was going to rain in the summer... threw it down constantly for most of the game and the forest fans under the roof were singing "we can see you, we can see you, we can see you getting wet!" To this day my mate still uses the phrase "it could be worse it could be Swindon!"

That would be me, decided to save myself a fiver because there was no chance it was going to rain in the summer... threw it down constantly for most of the game and the forest fans under the roof were singing "we can see you, we can see you, we can see you getting wet!" To this day my mate still uses the phrase "it could be worse it could be Swindon!"

I remember going into the ticket office (the old one of course) to get tickets for me and Mrs Pope.

"Do you want covered or uncovered?" The bloke asked me.

I didn't understand what he meant.

"Do you want a roof over your head or not?" It was something like an extra £3 I think. I was feeling flush so I said I'd take covered.

Honestly didn't get it at first. Even places like Crewe had a roof. I remember Pompey and Gillingham didn't, but you knew that and there wasn't a 'choice' in it.

Swindon were the worst team I had ever seen that day and forest managed to play worse than them. I remember us all singing "you shouldn't 'ave paid for the cheap seats"

If it was only £3 difference then the decision I made was even worse! It was funny when the dry forest fans started singing at us though, might not have been the most enjoyable afternoon but haven't forgotten it!

If it was only £3 difference then the decision I made was even worse! It was funny when the dry forest fans started singing at us though, might not have been the most enjoyable afternoon but haven't forgotten it!

"Nice and dry, nice and dry, nice and dry"

I still remember singing that one!

Had to get our amusement somehow because the match was awful and Swindon fans were somewhat funereal

Had to get our amusement somehow because the match was awful and Swindon fans were somewhat funereal

Likewise - a day you wanted to forget but it still lingers there at the back of your mind - Thanks guys for reminding me - NOT.

ozzie has been one of our best players and bright sparks each match so far, including pre season.

If we had the best left back in the world then maybe id leave him out and use a different formation but we don't and whatever left back we have will get beaten several times in todays attack minded game. So the positives outweigh the negatives by a mile in a progressive side over the course of a season

I remember going into the ticket office (the old one of course) to get tickets for me and Mrs Pope.

"Do you want covered or uncovered?" The bloke asked me.

I didn't understand what he meant.

"Do you want a roof over your head or not?" It was something like an extra £3 I think. I was feeling flush so I said I'd take covered.

Honestly didn't get it at first. Even places like Crewe had a roof. I remember Pompey and Gillingham didn't, but you knew that and there wasn't a 'choice' in it.

Swindon were the worst team I had ever seen that day and forest managed to play worse than them. I remember us all singing "you shouldn't 'ave paid for the cheap seats"
Then surely Forest were the worst team you’d ever seen. Just saying?

Good post.

But Cox and Gillette were actually a good Championship season. We finished 7th (I think) the season we had them.

Nottm Forest: Pedersen, Eaden (Friio 80), Curtis, Breckin, Cullip (Morgan 71), Southall, Holt, Gardner, Commons, Taylor (Johnson 67), Dobie.

This was the team that lost our second ever away game in League One- a 2-1 loss at Swindon Town, who even on that day are still the worst side I have ever seen Forest play.

u'no i do try and blank this shit- apart from the premier league winning morgan (who plenty said was shit) it gives me the shivers to think about them. They do make mancs, darikwa etc look good. Reckon the tall dutch kid that didn't jump would have fitted in well to that team.

was much much easier to get a ticket in those days- last couple of home games have been mental- you can't just saunter up 15mins before kick off!

lmao- think u have just found a genuine good thing to come out of L1- it did help get away trickies singing cos there really was fook all football on show. not the kind of training we need ever again tho!

Good post.

Scott Dobie?! F%^$ me!!

Seen Sunday League players better than that c^%&!!

Alan Nixon
Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
BLACKBURN. FOREST. Breeeton thing now about future sell ons. Forest clearly will sell at right deal

This would be such a negative decision. We would basically be gambling that one of our own youngster's wasn't going to come good and that £8m would be the best we could ever get for him.

For Blackburn it's a bizarre one as well. No way is Ben worth £8m to a championship club. I can understand a PL team spending that on him, as the potential might be worth it. But for that money in the SBC you need end product immediately and they aren't likely to get that from Ben for a fair while. An odd one.

Will be very, very unhappy with this decision. I doubt Blackburn are going to be in a position to sell him on for so much as to embarrass us, but if nothing else it leaves us shockingly short up front