Grabben/Brereton | Page 10 | Vital Football

Grabben/Brereton

They just say Villa are interested, Pope, doesn't mean he's going
They certainly don't say he's coming here!

Generally quite a lot of work needs to go into a transfer like that. Another club has done quite a lot of that and we have done none of it

They certainly don't say he's coming here!

Generally quite a lot of work needs to go into a transfer like that. Another club has done quite a lot of that and we have done none of it

But how do you know? There's literally been thousands of players linked with one club and gone to another. I'm not saying we have or are doing anything to bring him here but just because Villa are "interested" certainly doesn't mean he's going there.

But how do you know? There's literally been thousands of players linked with one club and gone to another. I'm not saying we have or are doing anything to bring him here but just because Villa are "interested" certainly doesn't mean he's going there.

Ok, consider my original post amended.

Forget about Abraham- he's most likely going to Villa

Whoever we bring...if we dont create more chances for the strikers...its a waste of money...Grabban is proven...we cannot say that he is past it like Murphy or not experienced like BB...if Grabban fails then its because of how we play nd not because he turned shit over night...have a feeling that ig we create more nd play for the strikers...even Velios might be resurrected...

Whoever we bring...if we dont create more chances for the strikers...its a waste of money...Grabban is proven...we cannot say that he is past it like Murphy or not experienced like BB...if Grabban fails then its because of how we play nd not because he turned shit over night...have a feeling that ig we create more nd play for the strikers...even Velios might be resurrected...

Owd ig

Map, Map 'ave him

Murphy scored as many as grabban in previous seasons. besides, the manager said if a player plays shit he is out the team so why the fook is he still in it? One of the worst strikee performances ive ever seen at saturday whether he comes good or not, maybe it will take ten games and we will only be 20 pts behind the leaders

0 crosses put in by their RM irrespective of spelling, you may not like stats but when they flat out contradict spurious claims I think they're useful...

Morning CP.

I wasn't at the Wigan game - so just wondered whether you were?

I know the whole team were supposedly awful, but I was speaking to 3 chaps who went - they said we'd got out of jail & unanimously added ...

"Ben Osborn is not a left back!"

Didn't Robinson come on at LB & Benny then pushed to LM? - where I think he's best & we then started to really exert more pressure.

Reading the Wigan fan comments, they seem to think Ben should have been sent off for the foul, for the penalty - highlights, show it as a definite penalty, red card would have been harsh though.

I will add though, that the same chaps thought Matty Cash was MoM and feel Darikwa should be rested too.

OKD: Nope, didn't go. Darth Winker had a good game statistically (which I know you think is fake news by OPTA lol) but lots of our fans have bizzaro agendas and preconceptions.

I'm unconvinced it was a red with the double jeopardy rule. Definite pen though. Again isolated incident, I've seen Peace, Brehme and Maldini give them away so hey ho.

Personally I'd rather play 3 at the back which would give Osborn more cover (which he's not getting from Lolley currently - though he'd give to Robinson) and allow him and Byram to roam forward with more freedom.

From what I was told that's closer to the formation we shifted to with Robinson on the left side of the 3.

Can see us going 3 at the back away from home and playing the extra attacking player at home. But surely Byram has to start on Saturday and probably Robinson, with Dawson coming in also.

OKD: Nope, didn't go. Darth Winker had a good game statistically (which I know you think is fake news by OPTA lol) but lots of our fans have bizzaro agendas and preconceptions.

I'm unconvinced it was a red with the double jeopardy rule. Definite pen though. Again isolated incident, I've seen Peace, Brehme and Maldini give them away so hey ho.

Personally I'd rather play 3 at the back which would give Osborn more cover (which he's not getting from Lolley currently - though he'd give to Robinson) and allow him and Byram to roam forward with more freedom.

From what I was told that's closer to the formation we shifted to with Robinson on the left side of the 3.

must be slow today but was that a yes to okd re Robinson and os?

Fwiw I don't think it is bizzaro (even tho not quite what this means) to look to optomise the team. Is LB the best position for os=no. Can he LB= yes. Where will he contribute the most given the squad= unknown and therefore people have different opinions.

The problem with relying on stats is that u cannot compare them- I. E. U can't play the same game in a different position.

I'd certainly favour that formation too, provided it's a 3-5-2, rather than 5-3-2.

AK still appears to like 4-2-3-1.... so, we'll see soon enough on Saturday.

Morning CP.

I wasn't at the Wigan game - so just wondered whether you were?

I know the whole team were supposedly awful, but I was speaking to 3 chaps who went - they said we'd got out of jail & unanimously added ...

"Ben Osborn is not a left back!"

Didn't Robinson come on at LB & Benny then pushed to LM? - where I think he's best & we then started to really exert more pressure.

Reading the Wigan fan comments, they seem to think Ben should have been sent off for the foul, for the penalty - highlights, show it as a definite penalty, red card would have been harsh though.

I will add though, that the same chaps thought Matty Cash was MoM and feel Darikwa should be rested too.

I went.

It certainly was not one of Osborn's better games, but that could be applied to most of the side on Saturday

Again, a good deal of blame for our defensive frailties could be put down to what is happening in front of them.

I know a lot of people, certainly on here, seem to disregard the defensive responsibilities of our midfield; I would have thought that as a former defender, you would be more sympathetic to Osborn's plight.

As a former defender, if I was being put under similar pressure due to players ignoring their responsibilities, I would be having a not so quiet word with the offenders with a view to putting them straight.

The Penalty was clumsy rather than deliberate and was definitely nothing more than a yellow; it looked like he ran into the back of the player.

The Penalty was a very good example of how we are failing defensively as a team; the build up to the cross coming in was a comedy of errors - Osborn was then sucked in to the middle with not one but two players left unmarked on his outside.

Osborn is clearly a better midfield player and Robinson may turn out to be a better full back, but he will not perform any better if he experiences the same kind of support that Osborn as suffered from.

I see we are being linked with a loan move for Wolves defensive midfielder Romain Saiss. He is 6'3". Is AK not happy with the midfield protection in front of the back 4??

must be slow today but was that a yes to okd re Robinson and os?

No it wasn't

He asked if we stayed with 4 at the back, Osborn moving to LM and Robinson to LB. I was told me moved to more of a 3 at the back with Robinson on the left hand side of the 3 and Ben playing as an aggressive wing back.

Unless there was another question I can't spot...