Gotta get Colback | Vital Football

Gotta get Colback

hechecson

Vital Youth Team
This is essential, I watched him very closely last season and he's real quality. Aggressive, tidy and has real ability, plus he protects that defence superbly and has a great understanding with Watson (another key man). He doesn't like getting pushed around which is what we've been lacking for so long. I like Bridcutt but this guy's on another level. Expensive maybe but pay the money I say. Why skimp now on this key position after all the previous shrewd investment ?

He's average and I wouldn't break the bank for him given that he isn't the youngest, he's gonna cost a lot, whether that's in wage or transfer fee, he's not stepped up to prem level with Newcastle and we also have bridcutt and a really promising young CDM whose obviously highly rated enough to get a new deal.

Not saying centre mid is unimportant or that we shouldn't sign anyone, but would be really frustrating to spend a lot of money on someone like Jack Colback.

If Vukcevic is a possibility then go for him, but I have doubts on his availability.

Failing that, it has to be Colback.

We have bags of attacking flair in our midfield now; it would be a shame to spoil things by not getting the stabilising factor that we need so badly.

Colback gave that stability and more; he was very impressive during his loan spell.

Vukcevic is an exciting paper signing and I'd be very happy to see him in the Squad but Colback is an excellent DM with a real understanding of space and game management. Comfortably better than anyone we have in that position and with how underwhelming Gueddy and Watson were I'd be very keen to sign him.

Im not particularly a fan but he was a bit better than headless chicken I called him. Id rather have someone who can pass but he isnt out of place tho, we need the variety for sure.

People rave about Watson and colback but my concern is that we didn't pick up too many points with them both or dominate games particularly. Why would it be different?
Because we now carry an attacking threat as opposed to Brereton who isn't ready yet and that disinterested passenger Murphy. C&W stiffened that midfield no end. The QPR game was a great example of what they brought to the team.

From JC's wiki page (can't argue with any of this !):

Style of play[edit]
A former left-back, Colback is a left-footed central midfielder known for his versatility and efficient playing style; due to his technical skills, passing range and physique, he is neat in possession and rarely gives the ball away, which along with his athletic ability and defensive work-rate, allows him to link-up the defence and the attack effectively. Former England manager Roy Hodgson has likened his abilities to those of Andrea Pirlo

From JC's wiki page (can't argue with any of this !):

Style of play[edit]
A former left-back, Colback is a left-footed central midfielder known for his versatility and efficient playing style; due to his technical skills, passing range and physique, he is neat in possession and rarely gives the ball away, which along with his athletic ability and defensive work-rate, allows him to link-up the defence and the attack effectively. Former England manager Roy Hodgson has likened his abilities to those of Andrea Pirlo

Sounds like it was written by his agent or his mum. All about cost for me. Grab an at £5-6m looks decent business in this market. Not convinced but a high wage demand and it would be a not bothered.

Dawson, soudani, even the Portuguese players have all chosen to some extent to come play for us. Grabban is on a pay check but not sure what category colback falls into

Because we now carry an attacking threat as opposed to Brereton who isn't ready yet and that disinterested passenger Murphy. C&W stiffened that midfield no end. The QPR game was a great example of what they brought to the team.

How do you know we now carry an attacking threat? Have you ever seen any of these new guys play in the Championship? Still an unknown quantity for me at the moment. Colback and Watson didn't particularly play that well together I didn't think. I actually thought Colback was far better without Watson, and with Bridcutt.

I know Vukcevic is more a rumour than a definite target but I would be more than happy if we brought him in.

Would also be happy with Colback but he needs to decide what’s most important - playing or wages.