Good rumour or complete bull plop? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Good rumour or complete bull plop?

What is it that determines a persons race? 1200 years ago the UK was only just becoming habitable. People who had originally migrated out of Africa started to move into the UK, Followed by the Romans who originated in Africa, then the Germanic migration of Saxons and angles who originally came from Africa, then the Danes invaded followed by the Normans both who started in Africa.
How many years does it take for your country of birth to influence your race.

Because race is entirely a social construct, it's racists that determine what a person's race is.

As humans and primates our most important sense is sight. Which is unfortunate in this context because although our outward differences in colour and appearance are, genetically speaking, negligeable, they're the very first thing that catch our eye.

That's why Jokerman is so right to say that everyone is racist and self-checking is a healthy practise. Seeing superficial differences comes much more easily than it should do. It's an evolutionary defect.

Because race is entirely a social construct, it's racists that determine what a person's race is.

As humans and primates our most important sense is sight. Which is unfortunate in this context because although our outward differences in colour and appearance are, genetically speaking, negligeable, they're the very first thing that catch our eye.

That's why Jokerman is so right to say that everyone is racist and self-checking is a healthy practise. Seeing superficial differences comes much more easily than it should do. It's an evolutionary defect.

I've just checked , and ....

I'm still white.

Saw someone post on f/b earlier about various rumours around L1.

Among them was that Gills, Bradford and Blackpool are all looking at signing Ashley Cole on a 6 month contract.

So, is this a decent rumour with some merit and possibility? Or is it complete hogwash?

Where is Ashley Cole plying his trade at the moment?
I wish there were some truth in this.

I worked at Arsenal as a steward for 10 years and Ashley Cole was and still is the best left back i've ever seen play live AND for England.

His private life is questionable but that's his business.

Probably a nonsense rumour linking him with our club, although could have the slightest of possibilities....
A few years back he did have family in the area as his nephew used to play for one of either Rainham Kenworth or 84 youth sides

And I'm racist because Kelvin Jack didn't play very often.
Yes, we are all racists for thinking he actually "played" at all. He did however have a career ending injury with us when he dropped his wallet on his foot and injured his back trying to pick it up.

Only this forum could turn a rumour about Ashley Cole going to a League 1 team into a multipage sociopolitical mugfest.

Only this forum could turn a rumour about Ashley Cole going to a League 1 team into a multipage sociopolitical mugfest.

I have high hopes of this thread overtaking the Chequers thread as our most commented on thread ever. It’ll look like we have had an in-depth footballing debate but, as anyone who reads will see, it descends into politics within about three posts.

Didn’t Rio Ferdinand call Cashley a choc-ice after the Terry/Anton issue? Is that racist? Would love to know.

I have high hopes of this thread overtaking the Chequers thread as our most commented on thread ever. It’ll look like we have had an in-depth footballing debate but, as anyone who reads will see, it descends into politics within about three posts.

Didn’t Rio Ferdinand call Cashley a choc-ice after the Terry/Anton issue? Is that racist? Would love to know.

Oh, come on! It was a bollocks thread anyway - as if Ashley Cole would ever join us, ffs!

I just thought I'd add a little bit of boring predictability, just to spice it up a bit...

Crikey, I looked at the OP then hopped forward to page three - and the thread seems to be all about Race. What has that got to do with the OP ? For crying out loud. It`s so sad that some people feel a compulsion, or virtuous obligation, to engage indirect magisterial pronouncement, in a bid to divert the core of a debate toward their own, often misplaced or postulated moral high ground.

Anyway, the thought of Ashley Cole playing for Gills is brilliant. His experience would surely help us out a great deal. Is it realistic, I dunno, but the thought is a nice one.

It`s so sad that some people feel a compulsion, or virtuous obligation, to engage indirect magisterial pronouncement, in a bid to divert the core of a debate toward their own, often misplaced or postulated moral high ground.

You took the words right out of my mouth.