Good Play Can't Stop Defeat At Reading | Vital Football

Good Play Can't Stop Defeat At Reading

One Millers shot on target during the whole game. Team selection and tactics not making the most of the players we have to choose from. Too negative, and players being needlessly played out of position. No point in having lots of possession , but then failing to disturb the opppostion keeper much in any game so far.
Giving away too many penalties, and Blackman has not looked like saving any, unlike some of our previous keepers.
Need to learn from mistakes quickly, not keep repeating the same unsuccessful formula ( except for success - only just - against poor old Wycombe, who conceded in the last minute to lose yet again today).

Last edited:
That is unbelievable!
We were the better team yet we lose 3-0.
I.M.O. that was our best performance so far this season. I said last week that we'll play better and lose and here we are, doing exactly that.
I feel sorry for the players after that effort.
Play like that for the remainder of the season and we'll be alright.

So it's our dear neighbours in S6 next, who've also lost today but I would like to bet that they've not played as well as we have.

Ha-ha you never know Caz.
Having just looked at next week's fixtures I've only just realised that our game is at the New York stadium, I was thinking that we were away again, silly me.
But back to today and we really did look good at times against a team that's only conceded one goal and is still unbeaten and top of the league.
Keep up the good work Millers. U.T.M.

Just what I said, Nez. I thought we played a good team game today. We played lots of lovely passing football but we weren’t able to turn that into goals. Goals win games and no matter how much possession we have or how good it is to watch, if we can’t score, sadly we are not going to win games.

Ha-ha you never know Caz.
Having just looked at next week's fixtures I've only just realised that our game is at the New York stadium, I was thinking that we were away again, silly me.
But back to today and we really did look good at times against a team that's only conceded one goal and is still unbeaten and top of the league.
Keep up the good work Millers. U.T.M.

Thing is, Nez, they've still only conceded one goal!

Just what I said, Nez. I thought we played a good team game today. We played lots of lovely passing football but we weren’t able to turn that into goals. Goals win games and no matter how much possession we have or how good it is to watch, if we can’t score, sadly we are not going to win games.

And, what to me is a bit of a worry, we didn't get the goals we probably deserved even though, at the end, we'd got three strikers on the pitch.