Good Place | Vital Football

Good Place

Ever since Danny and Nicky took the hot seat we have found a way of getting goals when it really mattered.

'I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.'
the quote attributed to many certainly fits the men in charge.

No matter how poorly we’re playing, we can always be confident we’ll score. Bit like Man U a few years ago.

Very true. Don’t get me wrong... I was very much moving towards a nervous wreck before Pett scored, but you know (or at least should know given our record in the last 2 years) that late goals and comebacks are always possible in a Cowley team. Did fancy us to nick something despite the terrible Yeovil goal and the missed penalty.

Ever since Danny and Nicky took the hot seat we have found a way of getting goals when it really mattered.

'I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.'
the quote attributed to many certainly fits the men in charge.

Don't know if he originated it, but I do know that the great Gary Player (golfer) responded to someone years ago who said he was lucky "yes, funny that - the more I practice the luckier I get".

I agree with the whole sentiment though ... amazing how many times a dead cause, when pursued relentlessly, can be turned around. It can change the momentum in things surprisingly often.

'I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.' the quote attributed to many certainly fits the men in charge.

Absolutely.

There was an piece on R5 recently discussing Man City and why they score so many late goals. The conclusion to the debate was their superior fitness and constant passing just wears the opposition to a point where they lose concentration and get physically and mentally tired.

I'm not comparing the Imps with Man City per se, however, there is simularity and its not luck.

Yeah, I think we're pretty relentless and full on in how we play, particularly when we're in full swing.

As said, you always feel as though we can get something even if not playing well. Even when we're not creating an awful lot, you just know that a Rhead flick or a set piece will end up running right for us at some point.

I think we have failed to score in 13 of our games this season. That sort of blows this myth out of the water