good performance | Vital Football

good performance

Are you expecting double figures v Morecambe?

Teams may well sit back deeper against us if we continue winning. If that happens there will need to be plenty of hard won 1-0's to keep us near the top. It's great when we score loads of goals though. UTI.

we are going to stuff somebody this season with a big score maybe 6 or 7 does anyone agree up the imps

It could well happen. We’re due another Northampton or Bournemouth scoreline. Given the firepower we have I could see it being away as teams can’t park the bus so easily in front of their own fans. All of that said, I’d take any win on any day.

I remember when POSH won 1-9 at Barnet twenty years ago next month. For some reason, that result has always stuck in my memory. I wish I could witness City doing that away from home some day.

I remember when POSH won 1-9 at Barnet twenty years ago next month. For some reason, that result has always stuck in my memory. I wish I could witness City doing that away from home some day.
Next week at Grimsby would be nice! I don’t think for a minute it’s going to happen though, this Division is very competitive and no-one is a pushover.

Next week at Grimsby would be nice! I don’t think for a minute it’s going to happen though, this Division is very competitive and no-one is a pushover.

I pray that it won't as we didn't get tickets for that game. Our (son and I) next away game could be Exeter, and I somehow doubt it'll happen there! Maybe Macclesfield? We (son and I) haven't been there for a few years.

IMO it was sheer momentum that took us through last season. This season with the added quality we look a solid outfit and one capable of competing for the top 3. I said to my lad that if we can pick up points regularly as the side gel, teams may well find us difficult to contain us when we get going. What I saw yesterday just confirmed that.

I was at the game yesterday so obviously I didn't hear. But apparently Thompson made a valid comment during the game about Darlo's side who walked away with it in the 90s. They had two styles. One home. One away. I think he could be bang on. I don't expect us to score big away but at SB someone is going to get a good going over.

I pray that it won't as we didn't get tickets for that game. Our (son and I) next away game could be Exeter, and I somehow doubt it'll happen there! Maybe Macclesfield? We (son and I) haven't been there for a few years.

Macc is my next away - Town tickets went before I had time to think about it, Exeter is simply too far for a one day trip so Macc it will be. Will likely be another Northampton- not enough to go round but, as it is standing (unless we get a few seats extra in the stand), at least allocated seating isn't a worry.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. .
What the manager is looking for is good performances and with that consistancy.
We have only played 2 games, the first game we didn't perform that well but still came away with the points which is a good sign.
Yesterday we looked at different team, created chances and stuck 4 away.
Still very early but if we can maintain yesterday's level of performance on a consistent basis we will be challenging for the automatic spots.

We now have a Complete squad of first team players, with players who can come on and win games for us if things are getting difficult.
But we also must not get dissapointed if we do lose a couple of games as it will happen and has happened to the best of teams.