Good article about the human mind, science, religion blah, blah | Page 3 | Vital Football

Good article about the human mind, science, religion blah, blah

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 21:36

I have sidetracked you lot enough gents my apologies lol science and religion one needs the other today imo for everybody to learn and understand how precious life is and how small we actually are and fragile.

Clive :18: Your not as daft as you make out at times. You can come out with some very profound statements without realizing it.

It is that simple: Science and Faith do work along side each other. People separate the 2 has being against each other when they aren't.

1 tells the story of human beings. The other tells the story as in science of what is happening in our universe.

They do compliment each other. It's people who separate them. We all live by some type of faith. It doesn't have to be Spiritual/Christian or whatever in the defined way to live by faith.

Unless there is something wrong with us or we are for instance in a dangerous situation we all trust without thought when we put our head on the pillow at night that we will wake up the next morning. That is faith.

Si in a sense we all have faith. Just different types of faith.

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 23:15

P.S Villa is my church so i don't worry about there being a big grey bloke up in the clouds, my worship is supporting Villa there is my faith, treat people as they treat you, try to forgive and forget use manners and don't be a dick or try to be lol this one helps but i ain't that good at it, who needs a book to tell them how to be towards each other we got our feelings and brains and our own minds for that!

LOL I wouldn't worry about some big grey bloke in the sky either, as he doesn't exist. That image was given to children to get them to have a physical concept of God. The other 1 was is Jesus as the physical being.

God is spiritual, abstract unseen but always there. God is simply in us and out of us, everywhere. God is the wind that blows, the words of wisdom that come out of someone mouth that helps you with a problem just at the right time. That is God.

The great unseen yet always seen, just not in ways we can perceive

It is a book Clive on it's own. It is more than that. You would have to want to understand more of the inner life to get it. Christianity isn't a microwave meal. It is a lifetime long journey of beauty, pain, joy and love. That is what it is really about.

I don't know Clive, and TBh I don't care as it doesn't matter. If people want to believe that the world is a 5000 year old flat disc at the centre of the universe watched over by a bearded white hippy on a cloud then fair enough in my book. As long as they keep it to themselves.

Wurzel - 6/11/2013 09:46

I don't know Clive, and TBh I don't care as it doesn't matter. If people want to believe that the world is a 5000 year old flat disc at the centre of the universe watched over by a bearded white hippy on a cloud then fair enough in my book. As long as they keep it to themselves.

LOL I am a Christian and I don't believe that

Green Tea - 5/11/2013 22:40

That last quote wasfrom a spoof site, sorry.

Here's Hawking's view on creation.

“I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”

There by is the problem or may it is with language choice! Hawking's says. He talks of no one created the universe. NO ONE is the word.

Hawkings still has a deep rooted belief that we believe it is a person type of creator. No one believes that over the age of 12 I don't think.

The person image was made to give children a physical look of God. That was it. Also because Jesus is the Trinity people get confused.

The spiritual unseen wholeness and love of spirit was poured into Jesus. it is the inner life we are talking here.

It seems that Hawkings doesn't get that we don't see God as object/person

Hawking understands very clearly what believers think. He addressed a number of beliefs in his tv show.

Wurzel - 6/11/2013 09:46

And if someone wants to believe the world came from a big bang and we all evolved from pond scum, they too should keep it to themselves.
We have walked the path of the Darwin model and it seems we cant get off it. Brainwashed and stuck into a system - and no matter what else we find out, the system corrupts its findings, or we twist the findings to fit the system.

"We know so much more than did Darwin. His contemporary and supporter Ernst Haeckel believed (as Darwin presumably did) that a cell was a mere lump of matter. Now we understand (something) more about real cells. They are not lumps but incredibly complex with DNA and cell structure both playing a role in its integrity. We have just begun to understand how the two percent of DNA thought to be functional (rather than “junk”) might work. But we have even more recently discovered that some epigenetic information may be just as important as DNA in the cell although we do not know quite how. Then comes the prestigious journal Nature to report that the ENCODE project now estimates that at least 80 percent of DNA actually serves some biochemical purpose. Seventy-eight percent we thought was cell junk now must be taken seriously. This is really getting complicated!"

Link above..

I do, I have never door stepped people to spread the word of the big bang theory. I don't believe I have ever started a thread on a forum with that intention either.

Kefkat,

He also says "I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God".....

So can a scientist who does believe in God say; "I believe the simplest explanation is, that God is the creator"?

Hawking has already ruled out one door with his own belief system. So from the outset his opinions are biased.

Green Tea - 6/11/2013 13:00

Hawking has already ruled out one door with his own belief system. So from the outset his opinions are biased.

And the Creationist mob don't do this also? They have admitted they don't acknowledge results of their own experiments that don't agree with the Bible, so why do you value their results so much more than Hawkins?

It's just double standards.

Thats the difference Heath, if Hawking was confronted with evidence of god existing he would accept it. If religious people were confronted with god not existing they would try to discredit the evidence.

Wurzel - 6/11/2013 18:56

Thats the difference Heath, if Hawking was confronted with evidence of god existing he would accept it. If religious people were confronted with god not existing they would try to discredit the evidence.

Worse than that, they would use their Pseudo-science to try and prove he exists, and that the Bible was right all along. It's so easy, in hindsight, to do so. I just wonder why they don't say so up front, before Science shows them to be wrong?

Hawking has spent his life exploring the Universe to reach his conclusion. The fact he has changed his mind more than once just shows how open he is to new evidence. The Creationists think they had it right 3,000 years ago. It's the most conceited attitude I've ever encountered.

Can we simplify this.

If we leave two coffee mugs on the window sill, one sparkly clean after being severely whipped with a popular bleach, and another with 2ml of the remnants of a coffee like substance - the conditions are otherwise equal (same temp, light conditions, wind velocity etc).

Does a form of bacterial life grow seemingly from nothing 'very' loosely reminiscent of the basic big bang theory where everything comes together in conditions necessary (I won't say perfect, because if perfect we'd have been around from day one, wouldn't have Kerry Katona, Birmingham City, Katie Price or the Platypus), or does my eldest stick a few lego people in the clean cup to scare the shit out of me next time I look?.

........ :22:

I think we am not even close to fully understanding who we really are and what life is all about, we could be bacteria on mother earth growing and causing destruction to our host an atom earth in a universe of atoms and cells a kind of world within worlds scenario or we are just freaks of nature appearing all by chance from jack shit and we just go around as me and Mike does eating shitting farting having a rant breeding drink ,,,drink some more and we pop it in the end, seems the most realistic view to me ;}

mike_field - 6/11/2013 19:16

Can we simplify this.

If we leave two coffee mugs on the window sill, one sparkly clean after being severely whipped with a popular bleach, and another with 2ml of the remnants of a coffee like substance - the conditions are otherwise equal (same temp, light conditions, wind velocity etc).

Does a form of bacterial life grow seemingly from nothing 'very' loosely reminiscent of the basic big bang theory where everything comes together in conditions necessary (I won't say perfect, because if perfect we'd have been around from day one, wouldn't have Kerry Katona, Birmingham City, Katie Price or the Platypus), or does my eldest stick a few lego people in the clean cup to scare the shit out of me next time I look?.

........ :22:

You always have to take it a step too far and make it into a serious issue, don't you? Why can't you remain light hearted, like the rest of us, and take this in the spirit it was intended?

Bloody Lego. If that's your eldest, God only knows what your youngest is planning.

I do not breed drink Clive. I bloody wish I did it would be cheaper!

Sorry Heath, really must try harder. I draw the line at taking it in the (way the) spirit was intended though, we all know what happened to Mary.

God only knows - no pun, but I've told both of them I don't have life insurance so that should keep me safe for a while.

mike_field - 6/11/2013 19:36

I do not breed drink Clive. I bloody wish I did it would be cheaper!

Sorry Heath, really must try harder. I draw the line at taking it in the (way the) spirit was intended though, we all know what happened to Mary.

God only knows - no pun, but I've told both of them I don't have life insurance so that should keep me safe for a while.

If you do need cover, I can help you arrange it. Perhaps I could speak to your Wife and Children about it? I'm sure they will be very interested to hear what I have to say. :95: :95: :95: :95:

By all means speak to my wife mate.

I'm not married, when you find her, let me know will ya lol

As for the missus though, I've got more sense that that lol