Good article about the human mind, science, religion blah, blah | Page 2 | Vital Football

Good article about the human mind, science, religion blah, blah

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 20:39

I watched some great documentries including the great Steven Hawkins who all agree there is a master/god call it what you will but they claim the Universe is holographic and there is a programmer that wrote all the rules and conditioning for the universe and all in it, but that the universe plays out itself without interference from the programmer/god

Here is the documentry on it great watch tbh

[youtube=NsbZT9bJ1s4]

Stephen Hawkins doesn't believe there is a God, as far as I am aware. He made a program for Discovery where he spent the whole show demonstrating why a God wasn't required to create our Universe. Quality TV, and I well worth watching.

Heath - the field's leaders are scientists, or supposed to be. Its the same all over, in all science fields - its about following the system, the text book and what is written. Science has already made it's mind up about what kinds of things and events exist, before it even begins its work.

TBH Heath this is pretty new this documentry where the one well known scientist on this show proved Steven Hawkins wrong about his black hole theory, which has caused shock waves across science, the thing that was proved wrong about Black holes was when something falls into the gravatational trap of a black hole and gets sucked into it what happans to the information of the very thing that got sucked into it,as everything is made up of atoms (information) and energy can not be destroyed just redistributed into another form, where Hawkins did not account for this but has been proved that information of things that get sucked into the black hole are still there and get scattered out back into other things, and Hawkins has acknowleged they say on this documentry that if this holographic universe is proved 110% true then there has to be a programmer, evrybody makes mistakes i suppose Hawkins is amazing but he is still human i suppose.

Green Tea - 5/11/2013 21:05

Heath - the field's leaders are scientists, or supposed to be. Its the same all over, in all science fields - its about following the system, the text book and what is written. Science has already made it's mind up about what kinds of things and events exist, before it even begins its work.

The article itself highlights just how this is not science. It does not follow recognised Scientific procedures or principals.

If you think the last statement really is true, then that just shows you have had no involvement in real Science. If this were true, then Quantum Mechanics would not exist. Trying to work both Einstein's theory of general relativity and quantum theory into one model has caused physicists a massive headache. Observations show both to be true, so can't possibly have started from a point of knowing what they wanted to prove from the start.

Science observes and then seeks to explain.

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 21:08

TBH Heath this is pretty new this documentry where the one well known scientist on this show proved Steven Hawkins wrong about his black hole theory, which has caused shock waves across science, the thing that was proved wrong about Black holes was when something falls into the gravatational trap of a black hole and gets sucked into it what happans to the information of the very thing that got sucked into it,as everything is made up of atoms (information) and energy can not be destroyed just redistributed into another form, where Hawkins did not account for this but has been proved that information of things that get sucked into the black hole are still there and get scattered out back into other things, and Hawkins has acknowleged they say on this documentry that if this holographic universe is proved 110% true then there has to be a programmer, evrybody makes mistakes i suppose Hawkins is amazing but he is still human i suppose.

The way I read it, Hawkins proved himself wrong. I don't think he's published his paper on it, yet, but he has explained his new theory.

Just another case of Science never resting on it's laurels. Go with a theory that helps us imagine and calculate until it is proven wrong. It's great science.

They believe that quantum mechanics is not the only science of the small world, they have found that all things are information and made up of 1's and 0's just like binary language, so basically the atoms and light photns are information and are just numbers beyond quantum mechanics which is what is leading scientists to believe the universe is holographic.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 5/11/2013 21:18

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 21:08

The way I read it, Hawkins proved himself wrong. I don't think he's published his paper on it, yet, but he has explained his new theory.

Just another case of Science never resting on it's laurels. Go with a theory that helps us imagine and calculate until it is proven wrong. It's great science.

Yeah mate science is just an ongoing learning curve for us, Einstein Hawkins Tessler loads of them all part of the grand scheme of things for us all to learn and understand everything and what its all about, i do wonder though if we realisethat the universe is holographic and that sitting in our front rooms its all just 1's and 0's how weird and demoralising is that?

Also what they have found is that age old saying if a tree falls does it make a sound, they wreckon no, if nobody is looking at a particular thing say a lampshade that lampshade is not actaully there,weird i know but the studies have proved only things (matter) observed by someone is eluminated into view anything not being observed like behind you right now if nobody is looking means nothing is there absolute crazy and frightening lol

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 21:19

They believe that quantum mechanics is not the only science of the small world, they have found that all things are information and made up of 1's and 0's just like binary language, so basically the atoms and light photns are information and are just numbers beyond quantum mechanics which is what is leading scientists to believe the universe is holographic.

I'm afraid that the holographic theory has had it's day, Clive. Data from the European Space Agency's Integral gamma-ray observatory has shown it probably isn't true.

Still, it's great that Science can explore these ideas, not just dismiss them out of hand. That's how it works. If the 2D model of holographic theory helps us visualise and explain events that we can witness, then it's a useful tool.

Here is another show about the holographic universe, amazing what these guys have done and learnt and the CIA wants a grand computer to control everything listen to these scientists Heath im sure you will luv these video's when you get a spare hour or so in your spare time mate,

[youtube=PKkiy24LqBQ]

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 5/11/2013 21:26

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 21:19

I'm afraid that the holographic theory has had it's day, Clive. Data from the European Space Agency's Integral gamma-ray observatory has shown it probably isn't true.

Still, it's great that Science can explore these ideas, not just dismiss them out of hand. That's how it works. If the 2D model of holographic theory helps us visualise and explain events that we can witness, then it's a useful tool.

I hope so tbh :3: was shattin me sen thinking some geek could be writing my fate :3:

They were looking so something i remember now like how fast or how far they could see, can't fully remember tbh but your right, these far out idea's are great for us, we are thinking outside the box, but my old man said he worries that every generation does the same thing as we live in the computer age we are linking everything to them when there is far more than this and all the ancients did it like the Greeks and the gods of fire lightening etc maybe we ar enot as advanced as we think yet :69:

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 21:27

Here is another show about the holographic universe, amazing what these guys have done and learnt and the CIA wants a grand computer to control everything listen to these scientists Heath im sure you will luv these video's when you get a spare hour or so in your spare time mate,

[youtube=PKkiy24LqBQ]

I had the first one in the background as I watch the Man U match, post on here and buy some stuff on ebay!!! Who says men can't multitask!!! Some of it is interesting, and it does help in the modelling of quantum mechanics, but as I say, we're not part of a large hologram, unfortunately.

It is all fascinating. The thing is, without these "wacky" theories we don't move Science on. It needs them to push the boundaries of our knowledge.

I have sidetracked you lot enough gents my apologies lol science and religion one needs the other today imo for everybody to learn and understand how precious life is and how small we actually are and fragile.

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 21:36

I have sidetracked you lot enough gents my apologies lol science and religion one needs the other today imo for everybody to learn and understand how precious life is and how small we actually are and fragile.

Don't be silly. We need people like you. You're the sort of person that would come up with something completely off track, which might actually prove to be useful. Keep posting on these. I enjoy your views, and I'm sure others do as well.

Cheers Heath, i do come with things out of the blue lol don't mean too my mind is mysterious to me, but thanks i feel a bit better now tbh hate butting in on others feel cheaky lol

This short carl sagen video always reminds me of how precious and small we are, when all things sidetrack us in fighting silly nonsense this video i put on and i realise once again how life is so small and short for us.

[youtube=4PN5JJDh78I]

ClivetheVillan - 5/11/2013 20:39

I watched some great documentries including the great Steven Hawkins who all agree there is a master/god call it what you will but they claim the Universe is holographic and there is a programmer that wrote all the rules and conditioning for the universe and all in it, but that the universe plays out itself without interference from the programmer/god

Here is the documentry on it great watch tbh

[youtube=NsbZT9bJ1s4]

Stephen Hawking showed exactly why there cannot be a god in his last TV series

[youtube=7L7VTdzuY7Y]

That last quote wasfrom a spoof site, sorry.

Here's Hawking's view on creation.

“I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”

Yeah lads the documentry i put up was about scientists proving Hawkins wrong about the distribution of energy (information) when swallowed up by a black hole,which hawkins was wrong about then admitted to one of the scientists he may be wrong is this holographic universe is proved right about a grand designer but as Heath says this theory may be flawed now not sure tbh mre research is being done

Hawkins is great but remember he is still human and everybody makes mistakes is my point, god yes no who really knows, but my god is the love i have received from my family freinds people in life and the love my kids give me, cos there is nothing else that can be better than that feeling imo so this is my god or thing i worship if you like ;)

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 5/11/2013 20:04

kefkat - 5/11/2013 18:57

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 5/11/2013 18:50

Wurzel - 5/11/2013 18:21

Here we go again...........[/QUOTE

Yep. Fun, isn't it???

People do know that Science does not build facts? It builds models, ideas concepts and theories, not facts. The idea of a “fact” leads to confusion and misunderstanding. We can only understand and predict how the World around us operates by performing simulations in our mind.

All of our ideas, models and concepts – the building blocks of these simulations – are nothing but tools. These tools have utility in that they generate insight. Our scientifically generated models give us simple rules that can also predict what else is out there, and how the world around us works

Would anyone care to theorise where we would be without this process? Certainly not typing away here on a Keyboard for all you good people to read. :18:

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: for you to Heath :14:

You can't have 1 without the other IMHO, either way round

VOTN got two lots of :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: . I only got one. I'm off to sulk now!!!!!!!

Blame the site Heath: I didn't make the post double up :17:

Ah this blame game eh :14:

Anyway I think you got 1 more clap Heath than VOTN so you can stop sulking now whilst VOTN does :17:

P.S Villa is my church so i don't worry about there being a big grey bloke up in the clouds, my worship is supporting Villa there is my faith, treat people as they treat you, try to forgive and forget use manners and don't be a dick or try to be lol this one helps but i ain't that good at it, who needs a book to tell them how to be towards each other we got our feelings and brains and our own minds for that!