Good article about Steve Evans | Vital Football

Good article about Steve Evans

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
on thesackrace.com website.

https://www.thesackrace.com/news/13...rent-ways-steve-evans-has-improved-gillingham

Highlights how he has greatly improved our defence. Improved his own touchline behaviour and has put faith in youth (Tucker, Hanlon, Ogilvie etc).

Also how, despite our lack of goals, our attacking “prowess” in terms of chances, shots and “expected goals” is very good and we just need that clinical finisher. Tell us something we dont know.

Overall a very good read I thought.

He hasn't improved out table position though! lol

Steve 'even lower budget' Lovell got us to 13th by the end of last season. SL is on track to improve on that, but that is exactly the reason he was brought in by PDPS.
Another canny January deal and we could really push on again in an inconsistent league where almost no one seems to be holding their nerve at the top.

Steve 'even lower budget' Lovell got us to 13th by the end of last season. SL is on track to improve on that, but that is exactly the reason he was brought in by PDPS.
Another canny January deal and we could really push on again in an inconsistent league where almost no one seems to be holding their nerve at the top.

I wonder where we'd be now if SL stayed on. I don't know if SE has a bigger budget than SL would have had, but we are certainly more entertaining to watch. But it's a results business. Just need to get that round thing into the oblong thingy more :-)

I wonder where we'd be now if SL stayed on. I don't know if SE has a bigger budget than SL would have had, but we are certainly more entertaining to watch. But it's a results business. Just need to get that round thing into the oblong thingy more :-)

I think he's performed a miracle with Ogilvie at LB. I've always thought he was fine at CB but a f###ing disaster at LB. This season he's been solid (and scored some important goals). Well done SE and Connor.

I now enjoy games again after 3 or four years of regular dross at home.

Regardless of the relative budgets, SE has got Gills playing well at home where i would guess most of you see them. Being exiled i watch both home and away games via i follow.
Last season Gills were so much more effective and enjoyable to watch away from Priestfield than at home.
Gills also look fitter this season than last.

It's an interesting debate. Would be as good at home as we are now ? Would we have got the Alfie jones / O'Connors on loan ?

Would tucker have got the game time and developed into a really saleable asset?

Would our fitness and recovery regimes be as good?

Who knows.

I was bored watching lovells gillingham at home. I look forward to home games now. That's a massive change from my perception.

It's an interesting debate. Would be as good at home as we are now ? Would we have got the Alfie jones / O'Connors on loan ?

Would tucker have got the game time and developed into a really saleable asset?

Would our fitness and recovery regimes be as good?

Who knows.

I was bored watching lovells gillingham at home. I look forward to home games now. That's a massive change from my perception.

Maybe we should have kept Lovell for the away games, and Evans for the home games... I agree with what has been pointed out on here, we are massively missing Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaves. We'd be way up the league if we had him in the side, or had found a decent replacement for him.

Steve Evans / Raynor have performed minor miracles with the club on and off the field, he has turned this club around, I read previous post saying he hasn’t bettered league position, sir are you winding up ? At least 6-8 points better off than I think 15-16 season, so much better too watch, we have now got media savvy, hope they carry on the good work, and we get desired players.

While we are talking about managers did anyone hear on sky sports Paul Merson let slip that Klopp going too Rotherham, must say it surprises me.