Golf course | Page 2 | Vital Football

Golf course

Your recollection is way off mark.
The golfers were a bit peed off with the sudden closure of the course. They felt it could have remained open longer.
There was no serious resident objection whatsoever and the local parish councils also had no problem with principle plans.

https://democracy.chorley.gov.uk/do...d Golf Club Preston Road Charnock Richard.pdf

There seems to be a little club hierarchy attacking reappearing here if you ask me. Is it because we've had to endure months of almost unbridled success and the needs of some are now required to be met?

Quite possibly. The residents vehemently opposed a proposed housing development on the Camelot site and as I recall were also opposed to the golf course redevelopment despite obvious reassurances traffic increase would only be marginal and only at certain times for the latter. They were successful on both occasions which was very surprising given the development that seems to take everywhere else with little consideration given for current residents concerns and especially as both sites had former uses reducing the likelihood of any redevelopment being knocked back.

There was little or no opposition to the Charnock Richard proposed development, the local residents realised it was much lesser of two evils, the worse case scenario is it could have turned into a battle for a housing development, WAFC as part of their planning application gave assurances that the activities on the site would be in the main daytime during normal working hours and no use whatsoever under floodlights at week end. The application was granted as well as further ammendments.

Your recollection is way off mark.
The golfers were a bit peed off with the sudden closure of the course. They felt it could have remained open longer.
There was no serious resident objection whatsoever and the local parish councils also had no problem with principle plans.

https://democracy.chorley.gov.uk/documents/s46709/1400641FULMAJ- Charnock Richard Golf Club Preston Road Charnock Richard.pdf

There seems to be a little club hierarchy attacking reappearing here if you ask me. Is it because we've had to endure months of almost unbridled success and the needs of some are now required to be met?
Wish you hadn’t linked that. Made me all sad again scanning those proposals. What an incredible site that would have been. I reckon that combined with Prem survival in 2013 would have seen Martinez stay with us.

Pretty strong rumours that Bolton will be a Saudi plaything soon. Stranger things have happened than them buying it back for way more cash than we paid and us going down the original path again.

I drove past Charnock Richard the other day and a 9 hole course is now open on the site of the old 18 hole course so maybe that isn't an option any longer.