Golden Oldies .. | Vital Football

Golden Oldies ..

Spursex

Alert Team
another golden oldie is said to be willing to join us....for 15 mill a year and to be fit for the next WC no doubt !!

Mike McGrath's transfer notebook: Sergio Aguero open to Premier League offers

Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are two clubs Argentine forward would consider — even if they are not in Champions League next year

By Mike McGrath 6 April 2021 • 3:31pm

Sergio Aguero is willing to forego Champions League football next season to stay in the Premier League and prove himself away from Manchester City.
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are two clubs Aguero would consider and both are far from guaranteed playing among Europe’s elite in 2021/22.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he would not expect a player who has spent 10 years at City to "want to go to a local rival", while Mikel Arteta has ruled out a free transfer to Arsenal when Aguero’s contract ends in two months and he leaves the Etihad Stadium.

There are a clutch of clubs he would consider in the Premier League and it is understood the 32-year-old would remain in the country for the right offer and is open to proving he can add to his 257 goals in England.

With his contract expiring in the summer, Aguero can talk to clubs and agree a pre-contract but his representatives are still gauging the summer transfer market.
One of his closest friends Lionel Messi would welcome him at Barcelona in Spain, where he played for Atletico Madrid until he joined City. Europe’s biggest clubs will be expected to offer packages to Aguero, whose appearance at the weekend was his sixth start of the season.

Unfortunately Jose would break him mentally.

Such an accomplished footballer. As long as he wouldn't feel "out to pasture" at Spurs then I'd help pay his wages if need be....if Jose has been shown the door.

I don't get this obsession with older players. Their salary is in no way proportionate to their contribution on the pitch which becomes a massive demotivator for the younger players they are blocking the paths of. They spend way too long in the treatment room, and even on the pitch you end up having to adjust tactically to accommodate their age.

Aguero changed his entire fitness regime because of his injury issues. It somewhat worked to get him to his 33rd birthday. I wouldn't trust him to be fit for the Prem for much longer though. He should go and enjoy himself in an easier league if he wants to prolong his career.

I would take him , without a doubt . Even if it only helped the younger players , Devine , Parrott, it would be so worthwhile .
Kane s backup , if he is still here, or put Kane further back and him up front ,