Going to watch Lincoln play live this evening. | Vital Football

Going to watch Lincoln play live this evening.

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
A few of us are going down to Ashby Avenue tonight to watch Lincoln United play Wisbech.

Be interesting to watch some live football again. The last match I saw in person was our last match in March..

A few of us are going down to Ashby Avenue tonight to watch Lincoln United play Wisbech.

Be interesting to watch some live football again. The last match I saw in person was our last match in March..

Do you know when you're going again after tonight? Wouldn't mind attending a match with a familiar face or two!

Do you know when you're going again after tonight? Wouldn't mind attending a match with a familiar face or two!

It will most likely the next time one of their matches doesn't clash with a City match. I will pm you and we can arrange to meet down there.

Really entertaining match last night with lots of goal mouth action and line clearances at each end. Definitely worth a tenner. One or two City fans there and a good Tuesday night crowd of 209 for them.

It will most likely the next time one of their matches doesn't clash with a City match. I will pm you and we can arrange to meet down there.

Really entertaining match last night with lots of goal mouth action and line clearances at each end. Definitely worth a tenner. One or two City fans there and a good Tuesday night crowd of 209 for them.

What would be your feedback the crowd/arrangements/etc etc??

What would be your feedback the crowd/arrangements/etc etc??

When we arrived there was a hand sanitizer station and the turnstile operator had a mask and disposable gloves on as did those selling programmes raffle etc.

Didn't go to the Tea bar or anything and we stood by the pitch railings near the main stand but there didn't seem to be any formal arragements in the seats although those that chose to sit in there spread themselves out anyway.

Two things that were definitely noticeable was that most of the sponsorship and advertising had gone from around the pitch and stands and the ground is called Ashby Avenue again rather than the Sun Hat Villas stadium. Sign of the times with companies cutting back I guess. The other thing was the pitch had been pulled in a good metre to a metre and a half from the last time we were there to clearly to pull the linesman and players away from the fans around the edge.

The good thing was a few more are going as there were a few City fans there as well. The crowd was 209 and normally they get around 130 to 140 for a midweek match a United fan was telling us.

When we arrived there was a hand sanitizer station and the turnstile operator had a mask and disposable gloves on as did those selling programmes raffle etc.

Didn't go to the Tea bar or anything and we stood by the pitch railings near the main stand but there didn't seem to be any formal arragements in the seats although those that chose to sit in there spread themselves out anyway.

Two things that were definitely noticeable was that most of the sponsorship and advertising had gone from around the pitch and stands and the ground is called Ashby Avenue again rather than the Sun Hat Villas stadium. Sign of the times with companies cutting back I guess. The other thing was the pitch had been pulled in a good metre to a metre and a half from the last time we were there to clearly to pull the linesman and players away from the fans around the edge.

The good thing was a few more are going as there were a few City fans there as well. The crowd was 209 and normally they get around 130 to 140 for a midweek match a United fan was telling us.

Thanks, interesting. Went to Stafford last night and one difference from first match of season was that they now have an online ticketing partner, so just a quick scan on entry. Also, it's compulsory to wear a mask in the stand. Am planning on going to watch Lincoln United at Newcastle Town in a couple of weeks - shouldn't be issues there, there's plenty of room but they seem to be getting 200 rather than the usual 100 odd

Don't know your view, but the situation is crazy. It was a cup match last night, and no Hereford fans allowed because they are National League North, so there were 600 (max) Stafford fans. Had the match been played at Hereford it would have to be played behind closed doors. Also, if last night's match had been against another NPL or Southern League side, their fans would have been allowed

Professional clubs with their professional admin and all seater stadiums should be able to manage fans in at least (if not more) as safe an environment as we each experienced last night, albeit on a much reduced scale

My brother has been going to several non-league games around Lincolnshire. His lad (think he was CB partner of Danny Hone in our youth team) plays at UCL level, so regularly around those teams. He's also been to Boston Town and Bourne.
Can't remember the last time he came to Lincoln, said £20+ is too much.