Going to Leeds? ..... | Page 7 | Vital Football

Going to Leeds? .....

Just incredible. I feared the worst when we went behind, but every single player put a shift in and I am absolutely elated about the result. I'm also so happy we shut the arrogant Leeds fans up... "Premier League? YOU'RE 'AVIN A LAUGH!"

Every single player was absolutely outstanding, brilliant, immense... whatever superlative you can think of. Thanks to this win, we realistically just need 1 point out of a possible 9 in the last 3 games, and we'll be playing in this fantastic league next season. This match has convinced me we should keep Cook on.

The players have made my 18th birthday truly memorable, and I'm thankful for that. It's probably the best birthday I've ever had, to be honest.

Genuinely so proud to support this club.

Last edited:
Great win against all the odds - 2nd in championship, down to 10 men, ref a homer, great away win after countless attempts & some dodgy coin throwing Leeds clowns.....take a bow the whole team you've renewed my wavering faith. Some more of the same fighting spirit with a win against Preston on Monday would put the icing firmly on Easter cake!!!

Just incredible. I feared the worst when we went behind, but every single player put a shift in and I am absolutely elated about the result. I'm also so happy we shut the arrogant Leeds fans up... "Premier League? YOU'RE 'AVIN A LAUGH!"

Every single player was absolutely outstanding, brilliant, immense... whatever superlative you can think of. Thanks to this win, we realistically just need 1 point out of a possible 9 in the last 3 games, and we'll be playing in this fantastic league next season. This match has convinced me we should keep Cook on.

The players have made my 18th birthday truly memorable, and I'm thankful for that. It's probably the best birthday I've ever had, to be honest.

Genuinely so proud to support this club.
Happy birthday Will

A lot is being said on social media and sky sports tonight about Leeds having 77% possession in today's game, not one person has mentioned we scored 66.666% of the goals.

I was just mentioning to KDZ that Leeds aren't as good as their fans (and others) think they are. We had a penalty given against us that shouldn't have been, were denied a penalty of our own, had a man sent off wrongfully, and had coins thrown at our players. Yet we still beat them, and on their own turf as well.

Honestly looking back, after the calamity of losing 2-1 at Hull, if someone said we would get 4 points from our next two games I would of laughed my ass off. Good the manager and player proved me wrong. 3 more games to go, lets keep up that momentum than have a jolly in May knowing the fact we stay in the same league for more than a season since 2015

If we get the win we need to stay up, i think we can rest assured we will be stronger for this rollercoaster season we have had. I think the manager and his staff will have learned a lot and a number of our players will have benefitted from a year in this league. With some decent signings I think we can look forward to next season.

We need to keep the work ethic, team spirit and organisation from the last 2 games going into next season. Today proved that you don’t have to have the best individual players but if you’re set up right then you can be successful. Leaving Massey and Clarke forward worked a treat, reminded me a bit of McManaman and Kone in the cup final.

Watched in a bar across the ocean. Think I’ll stay here from now on.

Proud again of the guts shown, probably the most heroic league rearguard action since 2012, reminded me a lot of Arsenal at the Emirates in that second half and to do it with 10 men...incredible. I can’t give a MOTM, all ten players get a 10 out of 10 but a few of them (Robinson, Naismith, James, Evans, Massey) probably had the best game of their careers so far.

It feels to me like they all got together and read everything the fans (rightly) threw at them after the Hull game about being a spineless bunch of cowards with no bottle. Because they’ve gone out these last two games on a mission to prove the opposite. Mission accomplished!

Just can’t get complacent and think that all of a sudden we’re a great side based on one unbelievable result and two outstanding team performances on the bounce. We are still firm underdogs going into the PNE game and the players need to show the exact same fight and performance level that they have in the last two. It was safe to say we needed two wins from the final four games to guarantee survival. One more to go.

Were you at Old Trafford Zeb for the Port Vale match ?

I was referring initially to the Good Friday game in 1979....the greatest comeback ever....though yes ....I was at the Old Trafford FA Cup 2nd replay when we lost to Port Vale, in the Scoreboard end behind that white picket fence thing they used to have....Vale scrambled home the winner in front of us in extra time .....Doug Coutts almost but not quite blocking it

First year at WGS .... I was eleven .... !

Where does the time go ?....as the lady was wont to sing

I was referring initially to the Good Friday game in 1979....the greatest comeback ever....though yes ....I was at the Old Trafford FA Cup 2nd replay when we lost to Port Vale, in the Scoreboard end behind that white picket fence thing they used to have....Vale scrambled home the winner in front of us in extra time .....Doug Coutts almost but not quite blocking it

First year at WGS .... I was eleven .... !

Where does the time go ?....as the lady was wont to sing

Now int that strange....we were in the Scoreboard paddock ( the bit with the roof on ) and I was in my 1st year at HAGS...I bet we played you at some point over the years.

Happy days though with me mam and dad ..God bless.