Going to Leeds? ..... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Going to Leeds? .....

Goes without saying how made up I am with the result today.
But how sweet must it feel for Jimmy, Paul Kendrick and his family, and all those who walked to Leeds? What a reward!

They've had perfect weather and probably caught a nice tan on their long trek. Happy days indeed.?

Oh and raised £25000 in the process. I think thats what you call a success.

Thought Cook got the Olsen sub spot on, most managers would have taken a forward off right away but by biding his time and putting Superman back to centre back it allowed us to keep Gavin on and bingo !! He then brought Olsen on when we were under the cosh and moved Reece back to shore up midfield. The lad will go in goal if Walton gets hurt. The fans should really chant "WHERE ON THE MARCH WITH REECE'S ARMY is there nothing this lad cant do, I cant tell you how much I will miss him, Nick who ?

Football never ceases to amaze me, I am on a high, the doc allows me one glass of wine a night, I am already on my second and more than likely go to a third. Is there another sport in the world which embraces so much emotion. One more win now and we are safe.

I am stunned! Playing with 10 men for 75 minutes and one down after 17 minutes, against a team after promotion, I was expecting a demoralizing 4-0 thumping. But that's the beauty of football! It was even better than Stoke away. The lads were absolutely magnificent today. Every one of them. What fight, what bottle and great skill to totally keep out Leeds who had 36 shots on goal! Surely now we will be safe??!! That match will remain long in the memory!!

Hiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlights !!!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11698366/leeds-1-2-wigan

Just back from the match and still buzzing .... probably one of the gutsiest league matches I have seen. The players showed true character and the manager deserves real credit for his 10 man tactics.
78 quid well spent and thank you Leeds United. A big thanks to the players for shutting the cocky Leeds fans up ... superb!
How good is it to say that for an away match ? (after all the away dross this season).
The whole team were fantastic and it was difficult to pick a MOTM.
Antonee Robinson and Kal Naismith probably just edged it for me.
Christian Walton doing the business too along with some nice polished delaying tactics too.

Coins were being chucked at Christian Walton and Sam Morsy (from behind the goal) late in the second half. Some ... even the ref got a few too.
Linesman missed some obvious handballs in front of us and thankfully Leeds came away empty handed.

Have to say that Leeds .even before the sending off, were quite sloppy at times with their execution. This continued throughout the match.

That is the 3rd Championship match on the bounce where we have gone and got something at Elland Road (as well as being ripped off price wise).

Malky Mackay 26/12/2014 - Leeds 0 - Wigan 2 (Fans subbed ticket prices)
Gary Caldwell 18/10/2016 - Leeds 1 - Wigan 1 ( Dan Burn tackle cruelly lost but a Shaun MacDonald late equaliser)
Paul Cook 19/04/2018 - Leeds 1 - Wigan 2 - A team that showed immense character after gifting away matches for the season .... hurrah !

The manager post match

Gavin Massey and Kal Naismith post match

Last edited:
Hiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlights !!!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11698366/leeds-1-2-wigan

Just back from the match and still buzzing .... probably one of the gutsiest league matches I have seen. The players showed true character and the manager deserves real credit for his 10 man tactics.
78 quid well spent and thank you Leeds United. A big thanks to the players for shutting the cocky Leeds fans up ... superb!
How good is it to say that for an away match ? (after all the away dross this season).
The whole team were fantastic and it was difficult to pick a MOTM.
Antonee Robinson and Kal Naismith probably just edged it for me.
Christian Walton doing the business too along with some nice polished delaying tactics too.

Coins were being chucked at Christian Walton and Sam Morsy (from behind the goal) late in the second half. Some ... even the ref got a few too.
Linesman missed some obvious handballs in front of us and thankfully Leeds came away empty handed.

Have to say that Leeds .even before the sending off, were quite sloppy at times with their execution. This continued throughout the match.

That is the 3rd Championship match on the bounce where we have gone and got something at Elland Road (as well as being ripped off price wise).

Malky Mackay 26/12/2014 - Leeds 0 - Wigan 2 (Fans subbed ticket prices)
Gary Caldwell 18/10/2016 - Leeds 1 - Wigan 1 ( Dan Burn tackle cruelly lost but a Shaun MacDonald late equaliser)
Paul Cook 19/04/2018 - Leeds 1 - Wigan 2 - A team that showed immense character after gifting away matches for the season .... hurrah !

The manager post match

Gavin Massey and Kal Naismith post match
Like i said to my lad when we went 1-0, remember how well we played against Derby. Fair play to Cooky for going for the same tactics - superb!