Going to Hartlepool replay by train? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Going to Hartlepool replay by train?

Mixed emotions - should never have been 2-0 down to a non league team, but regardless, smashing comeback.

I see from the fixture dates, it looks like our match v Slough is in amongst the half a dozen of so fixtures with live highlights, with the proper live games being pre-decided before the replays - clearly the BBC and BT couldn’t wait for the replays to decide their live matches as our banana skin v slough - a team 3(?) divs below us - who won on pens last night with us winning aet tonight in a thriller should have been a gimme pick amongst the 3/4 live games.

Phew. Just checked the stats and we had more shots and more shots on target. Thank f*** for that! Embarrassing otherwise.

Btw, I see both sides made 4 subs. So you can have more than 3 in the FA Cup then? I never knew that. Or is it that you can make more substitutions in ET (I think both teams made 3 in reg time 1 inET).

Phew. Just checked the stats and we had more shots and more shots on target. Thank f*** for that! Embarrassing otherwise.

Btw, I see both sides made 4 subs. So you can have more than 3 in the FA Cup then? I never knew that. Or is it that you can make more substitutions in ET (I think both teams made 3 in reg time 1 inET).

That’s exactly it - an extra sub in ET. Not sure if it’s specific to the FA Cup or all domestic and/or worldwide cup competitions? Also not sure exactly how it works - if you make one or two subs during the 90, can you make 2/3 in extra time or is it limited to one?

That’s exactly it - an extra sub in ET. Not sure if it’s specific to the FA Cup or all domestic and/or worldwide cup competitions? Also not sure exactly how it works - if you make one or two subs during the 90, can you make 2/3 in extra time or is it limited to one?

Thanks Steve. When I first saw we’d made 4 I though “oh shi-ite! That result will be overturned “ ?

From the official rules of the FA CHALLENGE CUP COMPETITION Rule 15 (c)
"A maximum of seven substitutes may be nominated. Subject to the below a Club may at its discretion use three of those seven substitute players at any time in a match. In the event that extra time is played in any match a Club may at its discretion use one additional substitute player, (a fourth in total) from the nominated seven substitutes, during such period of extra time."

And let's not forget, we get £18,000 for winning yesterday. Not going to solve our financial problems, but every little helps.

Well done Gills. Came through in the end. Would have been worse than the Brexit thread on here if they hadn't.